Senior Finance Officer
Social Empowerment and Building Accessibility Center, (SEBAC Nepal) is a non-governmental, non-partisan, non-profit, community based national level development organization sprouted out from Achham district of Nepal in 1997 AD (2054 BS). It has now come out as a pioneer organization amplifying the voices of deprived, excluded and marginalized people of remote, backward, & underdeveloped region. So far, it is able to serve about 3 million people residing 1188 VDCs & 15 Municipality of 23 districts with different projects/programs, from all five development regions. The organization has been working so far with 21, 914 CBOs, 219 network groups and 6 local NGOs operating ongoing programs performed in partnership with 15 I/NGOs, 3 UN Agencies, 3 bilateral agencies, 9 government agencies along with a number of DDCs, municipalities and VDCs. Currently, it has total of 383 staff team, out of which, 79 are from agricultural academic background. District Coverage Currently, we are working in 23 district of the country. This includes one district from Eastern Development Region, two from Central Development Region, one from Western Development Region, ten from Mid-Western Development region and nine from Far-western Development Region.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Job description of a Senior Finance Officer
SEBAC-Nepal is a national level NGO. It is working in 31 districts of Nepal in different program areas. SEBAC-Nepal hereby invites applications for the below mentioned positions from interested Nepalese citizens who are committed and having an ability to deliver results for USAID supported Safaa Paani project. The project is designed with the goal of contributing for well-being of the rural communities of Sindhupalchowk and Dolakha districts through improved water, sanitation and hygiene practices.
Job title: Senior Finance Officer
Contract type: Fixed Term Project (till November 2020)
Duty Station: Kathmandu with frequent travel to field
Project: Safaa Paani
No of Position: 1
Main roles for this position:
The Senior Finance Officer (SFO) will be primarily responsible for keeping the updated financial records. S/he will be responsible for performing the related financial and administrative tasks duly complying with the organization’s administrative, financial and other policies as well as donor guidelines. S/he will have to support Finance and Procurement Manager (FPM) in preparing financial reports as per the project requirements.
Main responsibilities of job:
- Maintain proper books of accounts.
- Prepare Periodic financial reports in consultation with FPM.
- Ensure compliance with local laws and project agreement.
- Perform financial review of district offices, compile the financial reports of district offices and provide necessary guidance to district finance team regarding financial matters.
- Assist FPM in VAT refund procedures from Inland Revenue Office.
- Periodic reconciliation of Bank accounts.
- Support FPM in preparation and submission of the financial or any other reports/documents to the donor agencies.
- Support FPM in checking and verifying purchase order before sending it to vendor.
- Operate bank accounts as per SEBAC-Nepal's rules.
- Ensure timely payment of taxes, insurance and monthly salary of staff.
- Timely follow up on advances and outstanding/payables.
- Deductions and deposit of TDS on any payments in compliance with the provisions contained in the Income Tax Act 2058.
- Facilitate (internal and external) audit activities.
- Organize, document and archive relevant documentation, keep files complete and up to date and maintain confidentiality, quality and accessibility of archive and files.
- Update personnel file of the project staff and keep them safely for future reference.
- Maintain the leave record and contractual documents of project staff.
- Maintain/manage the project’s assets and inventory.
- Document and manage the data in external hard disk regularly for safety and future reference.
- Represent the organization by participation in the seminars/meetings, trainings and in any other programs of the donor agencies and stakeholders.
- Candidate should be a female.
- Master’s degree in Business Studies or any relevant field with at least 5 years of work experience, in accounting and financial management.
- Previous experience in I/NGOs or audit firm will be an asset.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to work priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work in teams and create a collaborative team-building environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including technical writing and editing skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Fluency in English and Nepali languages (reading, writing and speaking).
- Good knowledge of Nepalese Income Tax and VAT laws.
- Good computer skill, expert knowledge on Microsoft word and excel.
NOTE: Interested applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application letter with clearly stating the applied post and updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the email address stated below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained, canvassing at any stage of the selection processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.
The deadline to apply for the above position/s is 17:00hrs, 26 February 2020
Application should be submitted to;