Detailed Job description / requirements:
FHI 360 Nepal
FHI 360, an international NGO, requests applications from qualified individuals to work as short-term consultant Research Associate for Family Planning/Reproductive Health program under Research for Scalable Solutions (R4S), a five-year implementation science project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and led by FHI 360.
The consultant is expected to interview monitoring and evaluation (M&E) specialists, technical advisors, and finance personnel at implementing partners with the aim of understanding the scale, quality, reach, and cost of the specific practices that each partner is implementing. The consultant should have experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods and should have some familiarity with national family planning/reproductive health programming and indicators.
The consultant is expected to :
- Work with R4S to identify the appropriate points of contact at each implementing partner for measuring scale, quality, reach, and cost.
- Schedule face-to-face and/or on-line interviews with participants.
- Collect the required information from participants, including through post-interview communications and data gathering.
- Submit all quantitative data forms and qualitative data (including transcripts and translations, as necessary) to R4S’ headquarters team.
- Provide any additional interview notes collected which can help inform the understanding of the material in the reporting templates.
- Liaise with FHI 360 staff to manage stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Familiarity with the current provision of family planning services through public sector as well as public-private partnerships in Nepal.
- Familiarity with the structure and roles of persons within the Government of Nepal, Nepal Ministry of Health and Population, and Implementing Partners’ support for family planning service provision in Nepal.
- Familiarity with the Integrated Health Management Information System (IHMIS) or other digital reporting
- systems for monitoring data.
- Familiarity with basic accounting and/or financing systems.
- Prior experience with costing exercises for health services would be desirable.
Interested consultants are requested to send a cover letter, updated CV with proposed consultancy daily rates, with the title of position applied and list of two references by April 15, 2021 at email@example.com