PHASE Nepal is a non-governmental, non-profit making, non-political and an equal employment opportunity providing organization, registered under Social Development Act, 2034 at District Administration Office, Kathmandu, and is affiliated with Social Welfare Council of Nepal. For the last 13 years, PHASE Nepal has been improving the livelihoods of poor communities in Humla, Bajura, Mugu, Gorkha, Dhading, Chitwan, Nuwakot, Kathmandu, and Sindhupalchok districts by providing immediate support through health care and education services, and creating opportunities in communities for self-empowerment.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
PHASE Nepal has diversified its portfolio to work in Academic Researches. Some of our currently active research projects are related to Informal Waste Workers, People with Disability, Assistive Technology, Urban Health, Nutrition, IMNCI Health Data Analysis, Health Systems, Participatory Documentary Making, and Agriculture. PHASE Nepal is currently looking for suitable candidates for the following position to work in some of the above and other future research projects.
Position: Research Associate (Public Health)
Required Number: Few
Central Office, Thimi, Bhaktapur with frequent visits to project areas in Humla, Mugu, Bajura, Gorkha, Sindhupalchok and other project areas of PHASE Nepal.
Annual renewable contract that is conditional to availability of funds and performance
(Some of the contracts can be for less than a year depending upon the duration of available funds).
The Research Associate will play a key role and will be responsible for collecting overall research data from the primary source, analyze, and interpret. S/he must independently take a pro-active role in data collection, compiling, digitizing, coordinating, and processing of overall research data and support statistician and research investigators for producing high quality analytical reports and manuscripts. Following are the requirements for the position but are not limited to:
- Work with PHASE team in research designs such as in developing concept notes, research proposals and data collection tools.
- Work with Research Lead in developing, piloting, and implementing research, data analysis and writing up.
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection, mentor/train junior researchers/enumerators Support researchers in the field, arrange transportation, accommodation, administrative activities related to data collection, and assisting data entry.
- Communication and coordination between PHASE Nepal and other project partners to manage relationships and deliver work.
- Help to produce high quality research outputs for a range of audiences including analysis, manuscript preparation, report writing, and presentations where necessary.
- Make sure that work is participatory, including working with peer researchers/community and valuing the importance of communicating with different audiences where necessary.
- Help PHASE’s implementation activities if and when needed.
- Perform any other duties as required by the line manager in line with the grade of the post.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum Masters in Public Health or Any Health related subject.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Public Health related research.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data collection methods like In-Depth Interviews, Survey Designs, and Group Discussions.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in conducting literature reviews.
- Proven experience with qualitative research techniques.
- Experience in writing manuscripts, and progress reports.
- Ability to work independently in a stressful environment with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of statistical packages such as Stata, SPSS is an advantage.
- Knowledge of KOBO Tool Box or similar data collection software is an advantage.
- Knowledge of NVivo data management software is an advantage.
- Experience in quantitative research is an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines.
Systematic, well organized, dependable, and with a high degree of
initiative and sense of responsibility
Salary and Benefits:
Gross Salary: Rs. 85,500 per month (gross). This is including Provident Fund (10% of Basic Salary), Gratuity (8.33% of Basic Salary), and Festival Allowances (Pro-rata basis).
We also enroll all our staff along with their dependent (Spouse, 3 children or Parents) in Medical Insurance worth Rs. 2,25,000 (Two Lakh Twenty Five Thousand Only) and Accidental Insurance worth Rs. 20,00,000 (Twenty Lakh Only).
How to Apply:
Interested candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria are requested to follow the link Online Application-Research Associate to apply online no later than 4th June 2020. However, we will close the vacancy if we find the appropriate candidate before the application deadline so please apply ASAP. Please apply only if you meet the required qualification and experiences.
PHASE Nepal is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows the merit-based selection. Qualified female candidates or those from disadvantaged communities or living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply. PHASE reserves the right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process.
No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.