Research and Evaluation Advisor
Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international development organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health, especially the Right to Safe Abortion. We seek to eliminate Unsafe Abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to Comprehensive Abortion Care, including contraception and related reproductive health information and care.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Ipas Nepal- Job Vacancy
Ipas works globally to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and to reduce abortion-related deaths and injuries. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment for the services. Ipas believes that no woman or girl should have to risk her life or health because she lacks safe reproductive health choices. For its new project phase beginning from July 1, 2020, Ipas Nepal is seeking to hire qualified and committed candidate for the position advertised.
Position: Research and Evaluation Advisor
Type: Fixed Term position, from July 1, 2020 till June 30, 2021
The Research and Evaluation Advisor provide mix method data management and analysis support at the Country level for Ipas Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and research activities. This position manages M&E data in the global databases (Terra), supports in-country data collection processes and implementation of the Ipas Global Guidance, and analyzes data for donor reporting and other internal data requests. The Research and Evaluation Advisor provides support for the design and implementation of research studies, including development of study protocols and data collection tools, data management, data analysis, and technical writing for dissemination both internally and externally. This position is also responsible for building in-country staff capacity through training on Ipas database systems (Terra). The position reports to R&E Senior Advisor.
Detailed duties and responsibilities for the position include as follows:
- Support to oversee the design, quality, development, and completion of qualitative and quantitative reports, and evaluations, including field testing of the research protocols and instruments, develop data collection methods and protocols and data verification techniques.
- Oversee and support to review reporting methods, carrying out training needs, design tools, including field monitoring and DQAs. Prepare reports on DQA findings and provide recommendations on how to address gaps identified.
- Monitor indicators to identify any gaps in participation and beneficiaries of projects and activities.
- Meet with implementing partner staff and other stakeholders to discuss data collection methods. Work with implementing partners to develop actions plans that address the report recommendations.
- Prepare dissemination materials including, presentations, fact sheets, peer-reviewed publications, and presents results both at external meetings and within Ipas.
- Coordinate with government Health Management Information System (HMIS) regularly and provide technical assistance during tool revision. Provides technical support and trains providers on M&E system.
- Conducts regular monitoring visit, joint visit with program team or evaluation team in program districts.
- Communicates with R&E Senior Advisors in reference to data queries, data collection/analysis, structure and process.
- Coordinates with R&E team members about support tasks and global data analysis issues and Interacts with R&E unit regarding Monitoring and Evaluation data issues.
- Reports to Managers and Directors in reference to internal processes, overall program implementation, and R&E related issues.
- Provide technical guidance to Project M&E Associate and consultants on project related tasks or special assignments and help them on capacity building.
Qualification and Experiences Requirement:
- Master’s degree public health, population studies, statistics or health informatics or in relevant field.
- With 6 years or more of experience on monitoring and evaluation on health project.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative methods and development of data collection instruments.
- Knowledge of best practice research, monitoring and evaluation processes and protocols.
- Able to independently conduct studies and analyse relevant data.
- Knowledge of high-level computer software packages for data analyses as well as data interpretation and presentations.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software required.
- Experience with statistical analysis computer packages (STATA, SPSS or SAS).
- Experience with geographic mapping software and qualitative analysis software (NVivo, ATLAS.ti or others).
- Knowledge on logical and result framework, data management and program analytics.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment.
- Has strong written and spoken communications skills in English and Nepali language.
- Flexible to adapt to challenging work environment.
- Willing to travel on field visits 30% to the project areas.
- For the position advertised eligible candidates are requested to visit Ipas global website to submit online application.
- Interested candidates should submit application along with up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- In the application subject mention the position you are applying for
Please submit your online application through the link given:
Application deadline, Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
Equal Opportunity and Commitment to Diversity
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
We value all staff and strive to make employment at Ipas enjoyable and satisfying. As part of our commitment, we will not tolerate any form of discrimination towards employees, or applicants.
Qualified women candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded/marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification and Ipas Nepal reserves the rights on the final candidate selection.