Request Technical and Financial Proposal for “For conducting dairy market assessment and cost of production analysis of TERAI project in Rupendehi and Kapilvastu Districts
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Request Technical and Financial Proposal for
“For conducting dairy market assessment and cost of production analysis of TERAI project in Rupendehi and Kapilvastu Districts
The Enhanced Rural AI (TERAI) Project for Smallholder Dairy Farmers in Nepal”.
1ST Date of Publication: Tuesday, 17th January 2023
1) Introduction of ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA Nepal belongs to the worldwide ADRA network, comprised of 118 supporting and implementing country offices. ADRA’s five core sectors include Food Security; Health; Economic Growth; Education; and Emergency Management. ADRA Nepal has developed its expertise in these sectors and in various subsectors, specifically in agricultural development, economic development, livelihood, infrastructure development, scholarship program, humanitarian response, urban-DRR, Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM), infant young and maternal & child health and nutrition, gender equality and social inclusion and RH.
ADRA has been active in Nepal since 1987 and worked extensively in health focusing on health system & infrastructure strengthening, communicable and non-communicable disease, sexual reproductive health (SRH) and family planning, maternal new-born and child health, emergency relief and responses in earthquake, flood and most recently COVID-19 pandemic.
2) Objective of the Project
The major objectives of dairy market assessment and cost of production analysis are:
- To quantify the current milk production status, demand, supply, farm gate price, and the per unit cost of production of milk in project working areas.
- To identify the value chain actors associated with input supply (feed, forage, finance, insurance, medicines, and technical), collector (private, DDC, cooperative based), transporter, processor (chilling, processing, and packaging) and marketing, through rapid market and value chain mapping at local and district level.
- To identify the existing market performance and drivers of commercialization with number of market actors and transaction volume.
- To identify the agribusiness scenario of dairy sector in our working areas along with investment opportunities, constraints and climate adaptive technology and farming on dairy sector.
- To assess the major constraints and strategic interventions for strengthening dairy value chain through SWOT analysis along with the core and support function and identify the forward and backward linkage, vertical and horizontal linkage among the actors of value chain.
- To analyses in which extent gender equality and social inclusion can be integrated into the development of dairy value chain (issues of women, Dalit, and PWD along the different layer of dairy value chain) and provide strategic direction for the integration/mainstreaming of marginalized group, Dalit, women and PWDs.
- To identify the contributing factors to reversing gender inequalities and draw some general guidelines on how to design and implement gender sensitive/inclusive dairy value chain development.
- Also analyze the current scenario of dairy sector contribution on food security and nutrition.
Interested and eligible individuals are requested to apply for the call. The Financial, Technical proposal and with organizational documents can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop at ADRA Nepal Office Sanepa located at Sanepa, until 27th January 2023 till 5 PM.
Furthermore, ToR can be access from ADRA Nepal Web Site www.adranepal.org at EoI Tab.
Or, go through the link below:
The proposals received after deadline will not be considered. ADRA Nepal reserves all rights to make decision and/or cancel the assignment without any information. Submission of false information and statements will disqualify.
Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.