Renewable Energy Supervisor
At SNV we believe that no-one should have to live in poverty. We are dedicated to a society in which all people, irrespective of race, class or gender, enjoy the freedom to pursue their own sustainable development. We focus on increasing people's incomes and employment opportunities in productive sectors like agriculture as well as on improving access to basic services such as energy, water, sanitation and hygiene. SNV supports people to access and develop the capabilities, services and opportunities needed to live a healthy, productive and fulfilling life, while sustainably using the natural resources they depend on. Unlike many other development actors, we do not offer funding, but specialize in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors. We work with governments, businesses, knowledge institutes and low-income communities so that together we can transform ideas into policy, policy into action, and action into results. Through our technical knowledge, 50+ years of experience, passionate staff, extensive local presence and global footprint, we strive to make a lasting difference in peopleâ€™s lives. For Further details, please visit the website: http://www.snv.org
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Renewable Energy Supervisor
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation with long-term, local presence in over 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. Under WASH sector, one of the projects being implemented by SNV Nepal is the Health and Hygiene Activity (SWACHCHHATA).
The USAID- funded five-year (2016-2021) Health and Hygiene Activity, named henceforth as SWACHCHHATA, aims to contribute to Nepal’s 2014-2018 Country Development Cooperation Strategy goal of a healthier and well-nourished population. With the overall purpose of improving community health status by improved integration of hygiene in health service, the project will utilize an integrated approach with a dual focus on improving quality of health service delivery and hygiene, and is implemented jointly by SNV and its partner PSI in Dolpa, Jajarkot, Rukum, and Salyan. Electrifying health facilities using Institutional Solar PV systems (ISPS) for improving the service delivery of health facilities in one of the important components of this project.
The project office is based in Nepalgunj and district units are operational in each project districts.
Objective and Tasks
The Objective of this assignment is to monitor and supervise solar PV activities of this project. The project is installing Institutional Solar PV systems (ISPS) for lighting and operation of basic medical equipment in selected 60 health facilities of project districts.
Specifically, tasks will include but not limited to:
- Post installation monitoring and technical supervision of installed ISPS.
- To provide Orientation/trainings to personnel of Health Facilities regarding proper operation and timely preventive maintenance of installed ISPS.
- To ensure optimum usage of available power through operation of basic medical equipment as directed by the project.
- To ensure establishment of battery replacement and operation/maintenance fund and proper operation of this fund at Health Facility
- Coordinate with district project team, Health Facility Operation and Management Committee (HFOMC), installer companies for proper operation of Installed ISPS.
- Any other project related task as per the requirement of project.
- Electrical/ Mechanical Overseer with minimum 5 years’ experience or Electrical/Mechanical Sub-Overseer with minimum 10 years’ experience in Renewable energy projects preferably in Solar PV systems.
- Personnel having field based project implementation experience with ample knowledge and experience in dealing with local government, communities, government institutions will be given priority.
- Priority will be given to personnel having in depth knowledge in ISPS installations, monitoring, functioning of ISPS, operation and maintenance procedures of ISPS.
- Ability to travel frequently to project sites in remote areas.
- Good communication/team work skill.
Report to: Renewable Energy Advisor
Period of Performance: December 1st, 2019 to November 30th, 2020
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: National Employment Contract (full time)
Required Number of Position: 1
Duty Station: Nepalgunj with frequent field visit to project sites
Working Districts: Dolpa, Salyan, Jajarkot and Rukum
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV with cover letter by clicking on the "I'm interested button in the following link https://smrtr.io/3Cb96 before 24 November 2019.
ONLY SHORTLIST CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org