Detailed Job description / requirements:
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR
KISAN II PROJECT
The Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN) II Project is a USAID funded five-year second phase of the USAID Feed the Future (FTF) initiative in Nepal. The aim of KISAN II is to increase resilience, inclusiveness, and sustainability of income growth in the FTF zone of influence. KISAN II invites application from eligible and interested Nepalese citizens for the following position:
POSITION: Regional Director (For Nepalgunj, with frequent travel in project districts)
POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Regional Director (RD) will be responsible for overall management and operations of KISAN II Project activities in 21 districts of Far-west, Mid-west and Western regions of Nepal and will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP).
- Will work closely with the DCoP to achieve all results under Component 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5.
- Responsible to achieve all results under the recently awarded supplementary SOW Objectives 1&2.
- Will work closely with Planning & Employment Opportunities Director to achieve all results under the supplementary SOW Objectives 3.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Nepalgunj office, ensuring that results are achieved on time and on budget.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (Required Qualification & Experience):
- Master or equivalent university degree in Agriculture, Agri Economics, Business, or related field.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- At least 7 years of experience agriculture project management
- Experience implementing and adapting sustainable agriculture approaches under donor-funded projects, USAID strongly preferred.
- Experience with/knowledge of markets (increasing access, linkages, dynamics)
- Experience monitoring activities and progress against project targets.
- Knowledge of smallholder agriculture in the West, Mid-West, and Far-West of Nepal required.
- Experience managing office and large number of field staff required.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written with fluency in both English and Nepali required.
The eligible candidates meeting the above job criteria are requested to email their ‘Job Application’ and updated ‘Curriculum Vitae’ at email@example.com on or before Friday, 26th February 2021. Please visit the website www.ceapred.org.np for detailed JD/TOR.
For more details, please go through the link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further selection process. The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. Canvassing at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
Women and candidates from marginalized and disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply.