R&D and Fundraising Coordinator
Nepal Water for Health (NEWAH) is a national level non-governmental organization (NGO) that specializes in WASH (drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion). Established in 1992, it has been working actively to provide basic water and sanitation related services to poor communities; and in strengthening the capacity of local communities in sustaining these services and further utilize their potential to undertake other development initiatives as per their need. NEWAH operates in selective Rural/Urban Municipalities of Nepal through its two provincial offices located in Sindhuli, Bagmati Province and Baglung, Gandaki Province of the country with the support of over 100 professional staff.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
NEPAL WATER FOR HEALTH (NEWAH)
Head Quarters Lohasal, Kathmandu
Position: R&D and Fundraising Coordinator
Summary of Position:
To be responsible for research & development (R&D), knowledge management (KM) and fundraising (FR) for NEWAH in line with its fundraising strategy (FRS), multiyear plan (MYP) and NEWAH strategic plan 2022-2026.
Line Manager: Reports to the Director
- To develop and update a year wise fundraising plan and activities in line with NEWAH's fundraising strategy, multiyear plan (MYP), R&D Framework and NEWAH strategic plan 2022-2026.
- To assess donor landscape, approaching business, local authorities, trusts, foundations and individuals to secure funding.
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations (international foundations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private cooperation offering donations).
- Maintain and update the organization website regularly and observe the potential donor websites/information.
- To review the existing fundraising strategy for the following years in close consultation and guidance of the director.
- To develop concept notes, project ideas, project proposals, business plan and ensure their timely submission to potential donors.
- To prepare report to donors as per their requirements and maintain a good empathy of a partner organization.
- To develop and update fundraising and communication materials such as brochure, poster, leaflets as required.
- To remain updated on local and global fundraising opportunities.
- To remain prepared with ready project proposals for submission to donors on demand at a very short notice.
- To establish network, link and communication with major donors in country & with possible collaborative partners.
- To work in coordination and harmony with every staff at all levels.
- Develop and update R&D and KM framework, implement and monitor the planned activities.
- To conduct research activities at field level and synthesize the learning, organize learning sharing workshop/meetings and knowledge management activities.
- Explorer innovative and creative ideas about R&D, KM and FR activities.
- To carry out other duties as assigned by the line manager.
Academic Qualification and Experience:
- At least Bachelor's degree in any discipline from recognized university with minimum three years’ of work experience with I/NGOs (development sector i.e. R&D, proposal writing, Knowledge Management) having minimum one year of experience in the fundraising.
- Well knowledge about the working approach of development sector (I/NGOs), familiar about the fundraising system and approach.
- Preferable to candidates who have hands-on experience in developing winning proposals.
- Experience in WASH sector would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in both English & Nepali.
- Computer skill in Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
- Ability to develop proposals and concept notes.
- Ability to work hard under pressure to meet deadlines, be creative, innovate and proactive.
- Ability to initiate and complete task to a high standard with minimum supervision.
- A genuine interest in development and empathy with NEWAH's work and ethos.
Duty Station and working condition:
- This position is based in NEWAH Headquarters, Kathmandu with occasional visits to the field to understand NEWAH’s working approach and to conduct R&D activities and prepare proposals based on the ground reality.
Expected Joining Date: From 1st January 2023
Probation Period: Six Months
Salary and Benefits:
As per organization rule.
Qualified candidates are requested to log on https://rollingnexus.com/NEWAH for a detailed job description. Please "Apply" icon for application submission.
The applicant needs to apply not later than 17:00 Hrs, Nov 27, 2022 (Mangsir 11, 2079). The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.