Public Health Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Malika Development Organization-Nepal (MDO-Nepal) is a non-profit making non-governmental and social organization working in the Achham district. It was established and registered in Achham district in BS 2050 (1994) and is affiliated with Social Welfare Council since BS 2051. It has been working among marginalized disadvantaged communities, Dalits, women and children who are living in the vicious circle of traditional stigma and discrimination. MDO-Nepal has been working in education, poverty reduction, drinking water and sanitation, Agro-livestock promotion, and capacity-building including e-governance.
MDO-Nepal is implementing an Integrated Community Development Program in partnership with GNI Nepal in Chaurapati Rural Municipality. MDO Nepal invites applications from interested and eligible candidates who are reliable, accountable and have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity and who diversity for the following position;
Post: Officer – Public Health Officer
Location: Project Office – Sanfebagar, Achham
Required position: 1
- Bachelor in Public Health or Bachelor in relevant discipline
- In-depth knowledge of community health
- Hands on experience in social mobilization
- At least 3 years of working experience in a relevant field
- Sound knowledge of community health program, report writing in English and training facilitation.
- Ability to communicate in Nepali, English and local languages. Ability to work under strict deadlines. Proficiency in MS word, excel, PowerPoint, email, and the internet.
- Should have two wheelers driving license and driving ability.
- Collect Municipalities/ Rural Municipalities specific data and information on various public health issues.
- Assist in designing health and WASH related plan of action (PoA)
- Assist in feasibility study of infra-activities.
- Prepare detailed plan of action for HRIP follow- up activities.
- Take lead in implementation of health and WASH related activities mentioned in PoA.
- Execute the HRIP follow up activities.
- Collect supportive documents required for activity approval.
- Keep record of project activities.
- Coordinate with key informants in the communities to establish early rapport and assist to provide overall orientation of the project.
- Conduct coordination meetings with health facility, rural/municipalities, R/M/W/S-WASH-CC, School Management Committees (SMCs) and other stakeholders for effective implementation of activities.
- Report as per prescribed forms and format on a regular (weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual) basis.
- Compile experiences, lessons learned, best practices and success stories from the working communities.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as instructed by the supervisor and the organization.
Qualified candidates fulfilling the above requirements may forward a cover letter, updated CV, academic documents, scan copy of citizenship and a recent passport-size photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or MDO Nepal's Project Office Airport Bazar Sanfebagar Municipality-4 Achham. The deadline to apply for the above position is 17:00 Hrs. on 05 June 2023.
MDO- Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. It encourages applications from qualified Women, Dalit, Janajati, Madheshi and marginalized groups. Canvassing at any stage of the selection process shall lead to automatic disqualification.
|Category||Public Health, Development and Project|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Education||B.P.H. (Bachelors in Public Health), Bachelor's degree in a related field|
|Posted Date||26 May, 2023|
|Apply Before||05 Jun, 2023|