Project Manager – Digital Health
Terre des hommes foundation nepal(TDH), a non-governmental grassroots volunteer organization established in 2004 by a group of neighborhood women volunteers residing in Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC). It has aimed to improve the nutrition and health condition of children and mothers through the empowerment of poor socio-economic background community mothers/women by promoting their nutritional and health condition while engaging them in sustainable earning sources. Daycare service, skills development, and vocational training are the main functions, to which the organization extends its services to the community people especially; poor, disadvantage, and marginalized groups.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Project Manager – Digital Health
Work Station: Kathmandu valley
Deadline for application: 24 July 2021. Mention the position title in the subject line when applying via email (pdf file)
The Project Manager- Digital Health response to COVID-19 leads and manages the the digital health project that aims to strengthen the capacity of governments health service providers (in Kathmandu Valley)in delivering quality services to mitigate risks of COVID-19 transmission in line with the national protocols and also to maintain the database for reporting to the concerned agencies/ departments. The project manager will lead and supervise the implementation of the project in the field, represent meetings with the focal government ministries and departments, ensure high level of relationship with government entities in coordination with the Health & WASH Programme Coordinator.
General responsibilities (Overall purpose):
- Under the responsibility and functional cooperation of the Health & WASH Programme Coordinator, the Project Manager will lead the project and provide technical support and leadership to Tdh’s implementing partners, to ensure that the Digital Health project and the activities are implemented smoothly and as committed to the donor.
- Monitors, in close collaboration with the actors of the health system, the Tdh programs and the deliverables to achieve the project objectives.
- Identifies the difficulties that can hinder the implementation of activities and implement new solutions to overcome them.
- Facilitates partnership relations in Nepal, with actors from the government and international partners.
- The position is based in Tdh Country Office in Kathmandu
Specific roles and main responsibilities:
The Project Manager provides technical, managerial and strategic support to partner staff, responsible for leading coordination with government and targeted health institutions for achieving the action's objectives. As such, its mission is to:
1. Ensuring effective partnership management:
- Planning of partnership activities
- Monitoring of reports on project activities
- Monitoring the implementation of collaboration agreements
- Support project representation and advocacy activities with the Ministry of Health
2. Support the field team in the quality of services and program management:
- Procurement management of the project materials including monitoring.
- Initiatives to strengthen the administrative capacities of stakeholders
- Supervision of field team services
- Support field team for ensuring the timely and quality implementation
- Capacity building of field team in coordination with Tdh’s Programme, M&E and F&A team
3. Financial Management & Accounting:
- Responsibility for monitoring expenditure and review of the project budget
- Monthly coordination with the partner team for partner budget monitoring and any issues related to project budget planning.
- Monthly coordination with the line manager and Finance team of Tdh; and updating the BFU tool for efficient financial monitoring
- Sharing immediate information with the Line Manager when any change in the budget is needed or over/under expenditure is probable.
4. Promote Tdh's specific values and policies:
- The application of the Child Safeguarding Policy
- The application of the anti-fraud / corruption policy
- Application of the safety and security policy
- The application of the policy for reporting any abuse.
- The application of administrative and financial procedures
- Undertakes other duties that may be defined by the Health & WASH Programme Coordinator and/or Country Director as needed
- Terre des hommes expects that its employees’ professional conduct reflect proper behavior in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
6. Child Safeguarding Policy :
- To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- To commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies in Nepal.
- To commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
7. Security :
- Be aware of and strictly abide by the security policy of the delegation.
- Pro-actively report relevant observations related to security/safety issues to the Supervisor.
This function requires mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC) particularly:
Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC):
- Demonstrate autonomy and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics in its activities
- Be determined and proactive
- Communication and interactions:
- Communicates clearly, concisely and responsibly
- Demonstrates negotiation skills
- Manage conflicts constructively
- Work as a team:
- Cooperates and contributes to the achievement of results
- Behaves as a partner
- Performs the work according to the common criteria defined and validated by the different parties.
- Acts as an advisor in his area of specialization in a spirit of partnership
- Mission orientation:
- Respects the values defined in the strategic plan: Courage, Ambition, Respect, Commitment
- Acts in the interest of Tdh
- Represent and explain Tdhs’s mission and project
- Put their " Mind'eye " on the positive and constructive aspects of each person in situation
- Can establish relationships of trust, maintain relationships and nurture relations that allow progress.
Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC):
- Respect for the institutional framework:
- Integrates and applies guidelines and strategies for development of project activities
- Knowing and applying the Tdh policies; and applying the security guidelines
- Quality, Monitoring and reporting:
- Produces quality reports
- Collect the information necessary to monitor its activity
- Keeps track of his tasks and objectives.
Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC):
- Managing a Team:
- Encourages and supports the development of skills of the field team
- Manage conflicts within the field team
- Takes and assumes decisions
- Budget Management:
- Develops, proposes, monitors and ensures the best possible use of the budget for the project in coordination with Health & WASH Programme Coordinator
Requirement for this position (Education and specific “Professions” skills):
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in public health (or equivalent), Information Technology, Management or Social Sciences
- 5 years of experience on health programs management ideally in a similar project and position or in a program coordination/support function / project management position
- Experience of working closely with the Government hospitals and health workers
- Good training facilitation, networking and partner capacity building skills
- Hands on mobile application development and support experience is a plus
- Having knowledge and / or practice of CommCare platform would be a plus
- Client management experience in government HCFs will be an asset
- Having good knowledge of the health system and policies in Nepal
- Have good organizational, planning and analytical skills
- Show an excellent command of Nepali and English (Level: Working Knowledge).
- Have a perfect mastery of IT tools (Office Pack, Microsoft Office);
- Have excellent writing skills
- Show good abilities to work in different cultural contexts and in difficult situations as well as to manage confrontation with difference;
- Show strong representation and advocacy skills.
Constraints related to the position
- Flexibility in working hours
- Possibility of late descent
- Possibility of impromptu missions
- Determination of a work program
- Position with high degree of stress and work under pressure
Salary and benefits: Please mention your gross salary expectation in your cover letter. The salary and benefits will be commensurated with an academic qualification, relevant work experience and competency as per the HR policy of Tdh.
Expected Starting date: ASAP
Type of Contract: Fixed term/ 9 months with possibility of extension
Please email your signed copies of CV/Resume and a cover letter to:
Terre des hommes (Tdh)
All employees of Tdh must adhere to the Tdh child safeguarding and risk management policies. Prior to appointment, a thorough background check will be made to ensure the successful candidate is suitable to have contact with children.
Tdh promotes workforce diversity.Tdh provides a safe working environment for all its employees; following the principle of equal opportunity Women, persons living with a disability, religious minorities, people living with HIV AIDS and candidates from the LBGQ community are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No telephone queries will be entertained. The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect its commitment towards child protection. Tdh reserves the rights not to select any of the candidates.
The nature of humanitarian aid work is unpredictable. A high degree of flexibility is expected by employees to meet the demands of the organization and the work it carries out