Project Focal Person
Green Tara Nepal, a non-political, non-profit making non-governmental organization, established in 2007, has been working in the field of maternal and child health. It works in research, publications, advocacy, training and social mobilization in a holistic community development approach. Green Tara Nepal aims to bridge the gap between rural and urban, rich and poor and men and women in accessing services and improving healthy behaviors through community development and health promotion approach.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: Project Focal Person
Required number: 1 (one)
Duty station: Kathmandu with frequent travel to field (project sites)
Funded by BMZ and technically supported by Childaid Network Foundation (CAN); GTN is implementing health promotion project in Dolakha district of Nepal. The health project aims to engage all schools, health facilities and community health system (including Female Community Health Volunteers and Health Mother Groups) in selected rural/municipalities of Dolakha district for promoting healthy behaviours of children, women and adults. The focal point will lead, i) reporting and communication to the funder, ii) develop/lead for establishing a functional monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability system, iii) Strategic guidance for project implementation and capacity development.
Must have master degree equivalent to public health, education, health promotion or other relevant subject with work experiences of more than 3 years in Project implementation, donor/partner coordination, documentation and reporting. S/he should be self-driven and act as a role model.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior experience working in the area of education, health promotion, GON and donor coordination.
- Extensive involvement in programme implementation, human resource and financial management, coordination with funders and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and communicate with the GON and NGO counterparts at the federal, provincial and local level for designing and implementing gender and social inclusion strategies and action plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills and ability to quickly form working relationships with a range of people and actively contribute to a team.
- Clear thinking and outcomes focused and able to successfully deliver to tight timescales and within demanding environments.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, WordPerfect, Excel, PowerPoint) both in English and Nepali. Having knowledge of statistical software is essential.
Major duties and responsibilities:
i) Reporting, coordination and communication with ChildAid Network
- Maintain a close communication and coordination with the donor/funding partner
- Provide updates regarding programme status, challenges and opportunities to CAN including monthly summary reports, quarterly narrative reports and summary report in coordination with the Project Manager and Admin/Finance Officer.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders at local, provincial and federal level (Government, NGOs and partners) for the successful and smooth running of overall program.
ii) Develop/lead for establishing a functional monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability system
- Lead for development and implementation of an organisational Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system ensuring accountability to donors and beneficiaries
- Supervise and monitor the Project Manager and Field Coordinators to provide necessary support and feedback to accomplish activities as per their job description.
- Support the programme team in developing periodic progress and programmatic reports as required for the organization including donor reporting.
iii) Strategic guidance and capacity enhancement
- Mentoring, guidance and coaching to staff in implementing the Project (Prepare work plan, budget, detailed implementation plan, M&E /logical framework, for ensuring adherence to project deliverables).
- Periodic visit to project district. Develop feedback, response and accountability mechanism. Manage feedback and complaints collected in the field and ensure a proper follow-up
- Perform tasks as assigned by the line Manager.
- Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and pressures.
- Selected candidates must adherence to GTN’s policies and procedures, protocols, code of conduct with special attention to Child Protection Policies and Do No Harm approach including funding agency’s policies, guidelines and agreements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates meeting above-mentioned criteria are requested to send their updated CV along with a cover letter specifying your eligibility for this position to email@example.com no later than 10 October, 2022 before 17:00 hrs. Please mention the applied position in the subject line of the e-mail.
GTN is an equal opportunities employer. Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups, Dalit, Janajati and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process.
No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing. CAN/GTN reserve the right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.