Detailed Job description / requirements:
JOB DESCRIPTION: PROJECT COORDINATOR
I. Organization context
Samyukta Safai Jagaran (SASAJA) is a non-governmental, non-profit making, non-political organization established by the groups of informal waste workers in 2013. SASAJA focuses on the recognition, rights and advocacy for IWWs. SASAJA want to advocate to the government especially on recognizing their contribution to waste management, government trust funds for IWWs and access to social health insurance. SASAJA is providing monthly education to their group members focusing in savings and credit and solid waste management.
SASAJA in collaboration with Green Path Nepal (GPN) and Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) is implementing “Healthy Waste Workers for Sustainable Waste Management” project funded by Médecins du Monde- France (MdM-F). SASAJA is especially responsible for the overall implementation of Outcome 1 of the project which is formalization of IWWs through non-profit enterprises and increasing their recognition in integrated solid waste management in Kathmandu Valley and Sisdole landfill site of Kakani Rural Municipality.
SASAJA will contribute to ensuring that waste workers’ issues are better addressed within the health care system, livelihood and institutional linkage. Through the project, SASAJA identify the target groups and aims to support them with different activities to mitigate the Environmental and Occupational Risks and improves access to health care, economic opportunities linkage with non-profit enterprises for sustainable livelihood.
II. Main aims of the post
Project Coordinator is responsible for the project implementation and management including monitoring, networking, coordination and team mobilization. The Project Coordinator works in close coordination with Project Manager and the project team.
Hierarchical positioning: Reporting directly to the Project Manager of SASAJA.
Planning and Implementation
- Capacity building of Community Mobilizers (Trainings, supportive documents; SOP, direct support in field, supportive supervision).
- Accompany and mobilize Community mobilizers to identify potential group/enterprises leaders, IWW mapping and recruitment of members in enterprises.
- Mobilize community mobilizers and conduct need assessments; enterprises, Capacity assessment of leaders and identify potential opportunities of enterprises.
- Lead entire process of registration of enterprises and assist in developing operational framework of enterprises.
- Plan and conduct meetings and create the platform to share internal learnings, challenges with donor, implementing partners and as well with community mobilizers and Peer Educators.
- Develop detail implementation plan and monitor budget use and provide supportive supervision to all project personnel.
- Ensure the appropriateness of the selected enterprises.
- Develop and conduct PSA campaign, create the procedure for waste ambassador and mobilize in the community.
- Analyse risk and develop its mitigation plan.
Documentation and Reporting
- Maintain comprehensive documentation, plans and reports; prepare Project Progress Report (PPR) on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and communicate to the concerned as appropriate.
- Assist in development of HWW4SWM programmes and report to Community Mobilization Advisor about all the community activities.
- Support to develop training reports with disaggregated data.
- Create and submit additional supporting documents upon specific request.
- Networking and Coordination
- Develop and build up sound relationship with relevant stakeholders: non-profit enterprises, SWM committee (KMC ward 19, KRM ward 2), project partners, relevant actors, communities, local governing authorities and among IWWs.
- Develop and maintain high quality and accountable- relationships with community partners that add value to HWW4SWM activities, services and resources.
- Play close coordination role with KMC and GPN team in sharing information.
- Participate and share project progress in Project Steering committee as an active member.
- Conduct public hearing and social audit in community.
- Participate and demonstrate project progress, challenges and learning in periodic review meeting
Empowerment, Training and Education
- Develop a local empowerment mechanism, training and education designs as relevant.
- Support mobilizers in conducting training/ orientation to informal waste workers and related stakeholders.
- Conduct capacity assessment of leaders and members of enterprise; develop TOR of trainings, vocational assessment and training.
- Develop BCC materials and ensure conduction of BCC sessions to IWW.
- Involve actively in any research activities initiated by the partners.
- Participate in own learning process and support other staffs for the same.
- Accept additional duties and responsibilities for betterment of the project and the organization.
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
- Follow the project M&E mechanism
- Regular monitoring visit and handle any issues that may arise
- Keeping track of project indicators in regards of project LFA
- Participate in meetings, discussion related to M&E related activities.
- Support project partners for regular monitoring and project evaluation
- Support Project Manager in design and development of any reference document, especially project proposals development and grant applications.
- Contribute, with all team, to the development of SASAJA’s strategy.
- Participate in meetings/trainings, when organized or requested.
- Ensure all external communication are made notifying the supervisor.
- Execute any other function required by the supervisor.
III. Profile of the ideal candidate
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, public health, human rights, social work, or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in development sector
- Relevant experience in NGO/INGO, in program implementation, community mobilization, in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience working in Waste management sector with professional ideas of community mobilization along with knowledge of livelihood enhancement of waste workers
- Experience in working with communities and less advantaged beneficiaries
- Experience in program planning, monitoring and evaluation
Skills and qualities required
- Proactive, well organized and ability to manage priorities, adaptable, reliable, accountable and responsive personality
- Leadership, team-working and coordination skills
- Interpersonal and verbal communication abilities, charisma, tact and diplomacy, intercultural and difference awareness
- Assertiveness, mediation and negotiation, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Experienced with computer skill including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, emails and other communications tools
- Committed to rights based and gender & child sensitive work. Well Commitment to basic workplace values and policies. Able, willing and committed to work with people of different backgrounds.
- Contribute constructively to a working environment based on mutual respect, trust and commitment.
- Having motorbike license would be an added advantage.
- Nepali: mother tong
- English: fluent - both oral and written
- Local language: as an asset
NOTES TO CANDIDATES
DURATION: only 3 months
DUTY STATION: Kathmandu Valley with frequent travel to Sisdole landfill site
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible in March 2023
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19th March 2023
HOW TO APPLY: send an updated CV in English with 2 references and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Category||Public Health, Social Science, Development and Project|
|Education||Post Graduate / Masters in related field.|
|Posted Date||01 Mar, 2023|
|Apply Before||19 Mar, 2023|