Programme Coordinator - (SAATHI COORDINATOR)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: Senior Level
Reports to: Executive Director
The Saathi Teachers' Programme is a programme under the Helambu Education and Livelihood Partnership (HELP) to improve student's learning achievement in basic-level schools (grades 1-5) in direct partnership with local government bodies. It’s a paired and paid teaching placement for qualified and passionate young people to teach Maths or English in schools located in rural communities struggling with a shortage of teachers in rural communities.
As of 2023, Saathi Teachers Programme operates in three municipalities in Sindhupalchowk and Tanahu districts. 30 Saathi teachers are working across 25 schools in three municipalities in these districts.
This programme has created a positive environment for the student's learning and helped to increase the classroom attendance ratio. To manage this programme and assist the overall growth of the school and the students, HELP collaborates with the relevant local government and the schools.
The Saathi Teachers Programme Coordinator supports, mentors, and facilitates the learning and leadership development of Saathi teachers and coordinates all the activities involved. The goals of the Saathi coordinator are to make sure that Saathi works at their optimum potential to create a continuous learning environment in the classroom and beyond to ensure the wholesome growth of each child in their classroom.
- Strategic planning for recruitment, selection and matriculation with placement, Saathi school, quarterly and Mid-year training.
- Prepare Trimester reports, Newsletter and annual reports, including Saathi teachers’ involvement in the past three months, achievement and impact.
- Coordinate with the recruitment team and participate in the final selection of Saathi Teachers and other staff of the Saathi Teachers Programme.
- Empower and support Saathi teachers to develop the required knowledge, skills and mindsets to attain the vision of the Saathi Teachers Programme.
- Develop an understanding of Saathi’s needs for support and motivate them to resolve personal and professional challenges in achieving their goals.
- Maintain a good relationship with the Department of Education of local government, headteachers and ward chief.
- Constant communication with the Teachers Development Coordinator regarding the Saathi teachers and updates to the ED.
- Prepare Baseline and Impact survey questions and final reports to share with the donor and the stakeholders.
- Work with the Teacher's Development Coordinator and Communication Coordinator on planning social media outreach and content writing.
- Write scripts for videos or photo animation videos for impact study and fundraising.
- Prepare the annual budget for the Recruitment and Selection, Saathi School, Monthly Tuning Up Building Up (TuBu) meeting and Classroom observation, and overall Saathi Teacher's Programme.
- Design a yearly calendar and adjust the events of the Saathi Teachers Programme.
- Conduct meetings with the Education head regularly in coordination with the Teachers' Development and Coordinator.
- Maintain communication with our partner organisations.
- Support or take the lead on writing grants and reports.
- Develop comprehensive progress reports on all active programs to be submitted to HELP and our partner organisations.
- Support on general admin work such as designs and communications.
- Provide support to produce documents for governmental-level requirements such as the Social Welfare Council and the Office of the Local Governments.
- Work with the Executive Director and the rest of the team in designing, inventing and innovating the programme and the programmes associated with the Saathi Programme.
- Organising and participating actively in events organised internally at HELP or supported by HELP.
- Organise and participate in both internal and external events.
- Develop an outreach programme of the Saathi Teachers Programme.
- Demonstrates deep commitment and understanding of Primary Education in Nepal and HELP’s mission and vision.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and work in a team.
- Results-oriented, ability to work with data, strategic and critical thinker, ability to prioritise and give equal effort and attention to multiple projects,
- Ability to creatively solve problems, mediate conflicts, negotiate and communicate assertively in Nepali and English,
- Ability to listen carefully and provide meaningful advice and guidance.
- Ability to lead a team towards meeting the larger mission of HELP to inspire, create a culture of success, and build a relationship of mutual trust.
- A Master’s degree, preferably in Education.
- Minimum of two-three years of direct experience in teaching, preferably in public/community schools.
- Previous experience in management and leadership roles, preferably in school management.
- Experience in organising or handling training.
- An ideal candidate would also have working experience in/with rural communities, with good insights into public education systems and the challenges and opportunities of low-income, under-resourced government schools.
- Strong computer competency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Gsuite.
- Given the position requires frequent travels around schools in rural villages, access to personal motorcycles/vehicles and driving licenses would be an additional asset.
- Ability to quickly learn different training and coaching methodologies
Location: Kathmandu with frequent travel to placement
Work hours: 40 hours a week (Mon thru Fri)
Salary and Benefits: As per organisational policy.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com
Deadline: 13th June, 2023
|Category||Education, Development and Project, Development / NGO|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Position Level||Senior Level|
|Education||Post Graduate / Masters in related field. , M. Ed. (Education)|
|Posted Date||15 May, 2023|
|Apply Before||13 Jun, 2023|