Program Officer/Admin & HR (Human Resources)Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Tarangini Mahila Adhikar Prashikshyan Kendra (Tarangini Foundation), established in 2017, is a non-profitable organization working on an initiative for integrated security and feminist documentation. The Sanskrit word 'Tarangini' means ‘Tranquility’ in English. This term is chosen for the institute because it better represents the harmonious relationship among the women who have been engaging in the feminist movement of Nepal since long. 'Tarangini Foundation is established to document the knowledge generated by feminist since long to make women’s invisible work and struggle visible, feminist mentorship to bridge intergenerational gap within women’s movement and self-care session to need based support and create solidarity support to minimize the risk of burnout of feminist working for social justice. To take her activities forward by reaching to as many as feminist as possible Tarangini Foundation invites qualified candidates for the following positions:
Program Officer - One
Location: Kathmandu with frequent visit to program areas
Qualification/Experience: The candidate should have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or preferably Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Gender studies or related fieldwith 2-5 years of working experience in the field of women’s rights sector. Candidate should adore feminist values and principles.
- Take the initiative to guide and work with program team members.
- Develop, plan, and design program including implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the program activities.
- Coordinate and build the linkages with government ministries and offices, like-minded organizations and other stakeholders
- Conduct interaction meetings with various networks and stakeholders to advocate on the issues and impact of COVID-19 on women. These meetings may be split into national, municipal, and non-governmental meetings.
- Organize or coordinate and provide support for events, conference and seminars, webinars of Tarangini Foundation.
- Develop concept note, design workshops and interaction programs by coordinating with WHRDs, national, district and municipality level stakeholders.
- Prepare IEC material for training and workshop organized by Tarangini Foundation.
- Prepare program proposals raise funds and prepare periodic and annual reports.
- Maintain proper documentation of stories and journey of WHRDs and EWRs (Elected Women Representatives).
- Manage the information system of programs and other activities of Tarangini Foundation.
- Provide support to team members, interns and consultants in the field to accomplish their assignments.
- Uphold and promote principles and values of Tarangini Foundation.
- Carry out work as per the need of the organization.
Skill and Competencies:
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Have willingness to work in remotes areas.
- Good communication and writing skill in both Nepali and English.
- Must be sensitive towards gender and diversity.
Admin & HR (Human Resources)Officer - One
Location: Kathmandu with frequent visit to the program areas
Qualification/Experience: The candidate should have a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Management with at least 2 years of work experience or preferably Masters in the same field.
- Good leaderships to arrange and monitoring the staffs;
- Provide managerial support on conducting the programs and campaigns;
- Provide managerial support to WHRD networks as per need;
- Work in close coordination with Finance and Program Departments
- Review and update Admin & HR policies and ensure compliance to and implementation of the policies, systems and practices in the entire HR and admin activities to meet the organization’s needs;
- Execute and manage the overall recruitment process;
- Oversee the contract and benefits administration in regards to issuance, renewable and revision for employment contracts;
- Maintain administrative safe and secure work environment;
- Conduct instruction for staff members about Admin and HR procedures;
- Provide guidance to line managers and staffs on performance management with special focus on staffs’ development plans and performance appraisals;
- Oversee the administration, procurement, and other documentation of the organization.
- Support on overall administrative function;
- Assist and coordinate in organizing/managing meeting, workshop and rallies etc;
- Support on conducting the programs and campaigns;
Interested candidates who meet these criteria should send their applications along with their CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com by 15th Oct 2019. For more information visit our website at www.tarangini.org.
Note: Women are highly encouraged to apply for the positions. Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. No telephone calls will be entertained