Detailed Job description / requirements:
Women Forum for Women in Nepal (WOFOWON) is an NGO that works for advancing human rights and labor rights of women working in entertainment sector (Dohori, Dance Bar, Massage, Cabin restaurant and open restaurants). This NGO was founded and officially registered by workers working in entertainment sector in 2064. WOFOWON invites application from eligible Nepali citizens for the following position:
Position: Program Officer
Our organization is seeking experience and professional Program Officer to join our team. Our ideal candidate must have passion and knowledge for “Leadership and Capacity building of women and girls working in entertainment sector”. The project focuses on advancing human rights and labour rights of women workers in entertainment sector.The position will also contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and plan.
Reports to: Executive Director
No of position: 1 (Female only)
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Position type: Contract
Salary & Benefits: As per the organizational rule for this position
Contract Duration: Initially up to 31st December 2021 and possibilities of extension upon the performance
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate and represent organization in various programs
- Report writing from a feminist perspective and human rights perspective.
- Translation (verbal and written) from Nepali to English and vice versa as per the direction of Executive Director.
- Coordination with national and international organizations.
- Lead, conduct and support in various organization programs.
- Proposal writing in English and Nepali
- Should effectively coordinate and communicate with the community people
- Should respect the work and have positive attitude towards work.
- Should be able effectively manage and work in difficult situations.
- Should abide by the organizations rules and regulations.
- Self-motivated, positive and success oriented
- BA in social science or any other relevant subject with 2 years of work experience in social sector and right based approach.
All interested candidates are requested to submit curriculum vitae and motivation letter with subject head as “Application for the position of Program Officer" to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 PM of 27th of January 2021.