Detailed Job description / requirements:
FHI 360 Nepal
FHI 360, an international NGO, is recruiting highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen for LINKAGES Nepal Project as Program Officer. LINKAGES Nepal is part of the global LINKAGES Project, and USAID and PEPFAR’s flagship project addressing HIV prevention, care and treatment among key populations and people living with HIV.
Program Officer- Based in Kathmandu
The Program Officer is responsible for the management of LINKAGES Nepal project activities ensuring quality and effective and efficient implementation of project activities through implementing partner agencies (IAs) in close collaboration with provincial- and local government authorities, local and national stakeholders.
- Manage, supervise and monitor the project activities in a cluster of districts
- Design and develop sub-agreements including sub-agreement amendment with assistance from the FHI 360 Nepal Country Office
- Ensure appropriate technical support to IAs for planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities in field
- Prepare supportive supervision and monitoring plans and conduct supportive supervision and onsite coaching and mentoring of the IAs at least once in a month to each IA. Timely share and act to solve the issues identified during the field visit
- Assist IAs in reviewing and assessing their own performance and adjusting program activities on an ongoing basis to ensure program quality and coverage
- Support IAs to prepare, analyze and use HIV prevention, care, support and treatment cascade to ensure program quality and coverage
- Conduct periodic program review meeting and admin and financial review with IAs
- Review and assess daily, weekly and monthly progress and performance of IAs and provide onsite coaching support for improvement. Arrange technical support from specialized unit for improvement in coordination with Team Leader
- Review and ensure quality of the programmatic and financial report shared by IAs. Ensure sharing of report to relevant government (district, provincial and national level as required and relevant) in time by IAs
- Provide and/or ensure support from LINKAGES Nepal specialized unit to IAs for the use and monitoring of new and innovative new technology for HIV prevention, care, support and treatment services
- Establish effective district- and provincial-level coordination with key stakeholders including District and Province Hospitals ART centers, Province Health Directorates (PHDs), local bodies, other government agencies, USAID-funded projects, INGOs, NGOs, CBOs, beneficiary groups and LINKAGES Nepal IAs
- Coordinate and participate in provincial and district level review meetings with government and non-government stakeholders
- Organize review meeting with IAs in coordination with Team Leader
- Support end of project documentation by maintaining documentation matrix and repository and coordinate with specialized units for its periodic updates
- Master’s degree in public health or social sciences with at least three years of experience working in health-related program implementation and management or a bachelor’s degree in public health or social sciences with at least five years of relevant experience
- Experience in the field of HIV and AIDS related services preferred
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to PEPFAR and USAID work priorities and deadlines
- Experience with USAID rules and regulations
- Ability to work in teams and create collaborative team building environment
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. December 6, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer . FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.