Digo Bikas Samaj (DBS) was established in the year 2063 B.S. to provide development services to people of remote and flood prone VDCs of Kailali district namely Lalbhoji, Bhajani, Khailad, Narayanpur,Dhansinghpur, Thapaput, Munuwa, Joshipur, Janakinagar and Pathriya. From the very beginning of its establishment, this organization has been working with poor and disadvantaged people in these VDCs. It is an umbrella organization of 9 community based organizations (CBOs) which is governed by people from the Dalit and Tharu communities.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Digo Bikash Samaj, Bhajani Kailali
Date: October 2, 2023
Digo Bikash Samaj (DBS) Bhajani Kailali is an umbrella organization of networks of Community Based Organizations (CBO). DBS Bhajani Kailali is a non-governmental, non - profitable, non- political organization. DBS has been working in the field of Livelihood, WASH, Disaster, Good governance and Right Protection and Institutional Capacity development. DBS is implementing to Nutrition Resilience Livelihood and PIPER Project in partnership with World Vision International Nepal (WVIN) for which DBS is seeking qualified, dynamic and motivated Nepali citizen for Program Coordinator – 1 position based in its Bhajani office Kailali.
Adverting No.: 02/080/081
Position: Program Coordinator– 1 person
Project Name: Nutrition Resilient Livelihood (NRL) and PIPER Project
Duty Station: DBS Office, Bhajani Municipality-1, Kailali
The NRL Coordinator will implement Nutrition Resilient Livelihood project activities in Kailali district in compliance with Government policies and WVIN’s sectoral and quality standards. The purpose of this position is to execute all project activities, capacity building and coordination across project team. With technical guidance from WVIN Project Lead, the incumbent will effectively implement this project using necessary technical tools, quality benchmarks, technical support and guidance. The role is responsible for technical and functional support in implementation of all project activities, monitoring, manage staff as appropriate and manage relationships with key stakeholders including Local Government. Apart from the above, this position will also
- Lead the NRL project execution in the field and monitor performance of project team during implementation of project ensuring project activities are delivered within the expected and designed scope, time and budget
- Provide technical assistance to government officials, project staff, community-based organizations, project beneficiaries, as and when required
- Capacity building of program officer and social mobilizers to ensure adequate competencies at field level to deliver all necessary components of the project
- Regular monitoring and analysis of program results in coordination with MEALS team
- Learning and sharing meetings with project staff and government staff for continuous improvement of project as well as relationship building
- Identify, assess, and communicate risks associated with the implementation of project, and develop mitigation measures.
- Regular reporting, documentation and collection of success stories on regular basis.
- Maintain strong relationship with technical officials of government institutions and like-minded organizations in the district.
Academic Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture 2 years experience and other sector management, social science or business studies with minimum 3 years working experience in managing multiple projects with diverse team or
- Master degree in the relevant field, management, social science of business studies preferred with minimum of 2 years of work experience in managing multiple projects with diverse team
- Fluent in English spoken and writing, and knowledge of local language (Tharu) is added asset.
- Work experience of close coordination with government institutions like rural/municipality, agriculture and livestock service centers, women and child development sections, enterprise development sections at local government to district / provincial level.
For more details visit the link Job Description of the post:
Interested candidate who have meet the above-mentioned required qualifications and experiences can apply by sending the application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5:00 PM 8th October 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Please submit your application letter clearly mentioning the position applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries will be registered and any inappropriate recommendation might automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.
DBS- Bhajani Kailali is an equal opportunity employer and strictly follows the merit-based selection. Qualified female candidates, Person with Disability or those from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
For this process all right reserved to DBS-Bhajani Kailali.
Staff Selection Committee