Detailed Job description / requirements:
Sahakarmi Samaj (SS) is a non-governmental organization established in 1997 with the aim of promoting self-sustainability and empower disadvantaged and marginalized communities to become self-reliant and interdependent. Currently, SS operates in 12 districts across Lumbini, Karnali and Sudurpaschim Province of Nepal. SS is recognized as a pioneer in the Facilitation for Empowerment and Social Transformation (FEST) process-led approach to community development. Through this approach, SS aims to support people to overcome fatalism among marginalized groups and promote sustainable, justice-oriented change through participatory analysis, collective planning and action, resource mobilization, and constructive engagement with governmental and non-governmental entities.
Sahakarmi Samaj is seeking a highly motivated, proactive, committed, and experienced Program Coordinator to join our team for the Enabling Truth, Memory and Justice Program. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the Enabling Truth, Memory, and Justice Program, which aims to promote the participation of conflict victims in a credible and victim-centered transitional justice process across 6 Palikas of western Nepal and coordinate and implement the program, ensuring that all objectives and goals are met. The program seeks to strengthen the capacity of local civil society partners to document human rights violations, support advocacy and educational initiatives, promote memorialization and truth-telling activities, and provide psychosocial support and mentorship to empower victims, survivors, and their families. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading program monitoring, documentation, and reporting for all programs run by Sahakarmi Samaj. We highly welcome and encourage applications from female and local candidates to apply.
Job Category: NGO / INGO / Social work Job
No. of Vacancy: 1
Employment Type: Contract
Job Location: Office (Birendranagar) with frequent field visits (Rukum East & West)
Report to: Program related reports- Executive Director
Supervising to: Field officer, Community Facilitators, Mentors
Working relationship: Field officer; Admin and Finance Manager; Program Partner Organization
Coordination With: Program Partner Organizations, Concerned government line agencies, Local Government, I/NGOs, SS learning partners, SS training partners etc.
Position: Program Coordinator-1
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership and management for the Enabling Truth, Memory and Justice Program, ensuring the achievement of program goals and objectives within the allocated budget and timeframe.
- Develop and implement program strategies, plans and activities in close collaboration with local partners and stakeholders, and ensure their effective delivery and monitoring.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of program progress, results, and lessons learned to the Executive team, donors and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with local partners to build their capacity in project planning, management, monitoring and reporting, and ensure their effective participation in the program.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders, including government agencies, civil society organizations and other partners, to foster collaboration and facilitate the participation of conflict victims in the transitional justice process.
- Ensure that the program is implemented in a manner that is gender-sensitive, inclusive and respects the rights of all participants.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with donors, partners and other stakeholders, and represent the program in various forums and meetings.
- Involve in the Sahakarmi Samaj’s promotional activities
- Establish a good relationship and healthy working environment with Sahakarmi Samaj staffs, as well as with stakeholders
- Other additional official tasks assigned by Executive Director
- A Master's degree in social sciences, conflict and peace studies, law, or a related field.
- At least five years of experience in program management, preferably in the field of transitional justice or human rights.
- Experience working with conflict-affected communities and victims of human rights violations.
- Practical knowledge on proposal writing, result framework and theory of knowledge, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experiences in coordinating and organising advocacy, campaign and other promotional activities with multiple-actors including media, facilitating knowledge transfer and development of tools/guidelines are also required.
- Be able to make frequent travels to the communities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement program strategies and work plans, and to manage budgets and staff.
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Fluency in Nepali and English, both written and spoken.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in MS Office applications and project management software
- Excellent facilitation skills on participatory training, workshop, seminars, interactions -design, facilitations skills are mandatory.
The salary and benefits of the position shall be as per the organization’s rules. To apply, please send a cover letter, updated resume, expected remuneration and contact information of two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 pm March 20, 2023. Please include "Program Coordinator for Enabling Truth, Memory and Justice Program" in the subject line.
Sahakarmi Samaj is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or any other status protected by law.We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Category||Development and Project, NGO/INGO / Social work|
|Position Level||Mid Level|
|Education||Post Graduate / Masters in related field.|
|Posted Date||16 Mar, 2023|
|Apply Before||20 Mar, 2023|