Program Associate (Agriculture)
Details / requirements:
ANSAB is a civil society organization that has been working for biodiversity conservation and livelihoods improvement across South Asia for over three decades. It places community empowerment and economic incentives at the heart of its approach, and has been consistently evolving, consolidating, institutionalizing and advancing the approaches and strategies for the promotion of community-based enterprises and value chains; natural resources management and biodiversity conservation; and enabling policy environment and multi-stakeholder collaboration.
ANSAB plans to hire a young, fresh and talented graduate with passion to learn and work in the development field. The main role of this position is to assist the agriculture program development team for program management; monitoring, evaluation and learning; and communication and outreach. More specifically, this position will undertake the following specific roles, including but not limited to.
Program Associate (Agriculture) - 1 (Kathmandu)
- Assist in preparation of technical guidelines and advisory for field level implementation of project activities.
- Stock taking and screening of climate resilient and organic agriculture inputs, technologies and practices; and assist field staffs applying them in the project locations.
- Take lead role or assist (when required) in conducting field level trainings, meetings, and workshops, including designing of schedules, content, and preparation of list of potential participants in the events.
- Oversee projects, manage stakeholders, and represent ANSAB in agriculture related meetings and workshops at national and sub-national levels.
- Assist procurement unit in procurement of goods and services required for agriculture programs including preparation of quotation documents (define technical specification and quality), identify potential vendors (prepare lists) etc.
Monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Create database for agriculture programs and assist in tracking and monitoring of progresses and reports writing.
- Assist to undertake baseline, midline and endline surveys; field level data collection; and develop related questionnaire, checklist, and format design.
- Prepare M&E systems and ensure regular updates.
- Undertake field visits for field progress monitoring and quality assurance.
Communication and outreach
- Prepare draft and design communication materials (leaflets, brochures), training toolkits, farmers’ handbooks, and other knowledge products.
- Assist in preparation of policy briefs and conducting policy dialogues, dissemination meetings and workshops at national and sub-national levels.
- Provide sector related supplements for updating ANSAB’s websites.
Carryout any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
Master’s degree in agroecology, agri-business management or in agro-economics with outstanding academic performance, and patience to work with marginalized communities in Nepal. Skills in database management and analysis preferably with R programming language, GIS, SPSS and MS office package, and excellent writing skills both in English and Nepali are required. Knowledge on climate variabilities and change their risks in agriculture/agroecosystem, agricultural value chains, markets, agricultural financing and risk sharing instrument, organic-agriculture and certification, precision agriculture, AI integration in agriculture programs will be an asset.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements may apply by sending latest curriculum vitae along with two references and a cover letter including expected gross salary (compulsorily) to email address email@example.com clearly mentioning the position applying in the subject line by February 15, 2024.
ANSAB is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate any applicant with regards to caste, race, color, or religion. However, priority will be given to disadvantaged groups without compromising the merits and ability to perform the tasks efficiently and effectively. Potential female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview. No telephone enquiries will be entertained.
|Development and Project, Agriculture Economist, Agriculture/Livelihood
|Please check vacancy details.
|Post Graduate / Masters in related field. , Msc. Agriculture Economics
|01 Feb, 2024
|15 Feb, 2024