Detailed Job description / requirements:
SAPPROS Nepal is a national level non-governmental organization (NGO) established in August 1991. It is amongst the well-recognized NGOs in Nepal. SAPPROS envisions a poverty-free Nepal where people engage themselves in innovative initiatives without having to worry about the basic livelihood matters. It works to improve the lives of small farmers and other disadvantaged communities by providing them opportunities for their socio-economic empowerment.
It has implemented development activities in 52 districts in the past 31 years and is currently working in 18 districts of Nepal spread over 5 provinces Karnali, Sudur Paschim, Gandaki, Lumbini and Bagmati. SAPPROS builds people’s organizations, mobilizes local resources, and promotes participatory planning and processes at the grassroots level. SAPPROS has reached more than 574,000 households through various activities. These range from literacy to saving mobilization, income generation, and provision of drinking water supply. It has promoted different types of self-help groups, user groups, local NGOs, and saving and credit co-operatives
The Procurement officer is required to manage all the procurement and logistics management of local and non-local materials required for different project activities in the field. The Procurement officer is responsible for evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality. As gender equality and social inclusion (GESI), safeguarding, governance, and environmental sensitivity are cross-cutting and core components of SAPPROS, the Procurement Officer is required to commit to these thrusts and ensures that these areas are appropriately mainstreamed and fully integrated into the program.
Job Description (JD)
Admin & Finance Manager
|Kathmandu, Nepal with frequent field visits as per need|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle and ensure full compliance of all the procurement related activities of all the projects of SAPPROS Nepal adhering to existing rules, regulations and policies
- Prepare/update procurement plans of projects and their implementation monitoring.
- Organize procurement process according to the Procurement Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts.
- Prepare purchase orders and contracts, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of service vendors' creation, and buyers' profile.
- Maintain and update rosters of the sub-contractors, vendors, clients and other relevant parties including support district team to maintain up to date vendor list.
- Provide through guidelines and backstopping to district project team members to
- ensure proper follow of procurement procedures.
- Review procurement process conducted by projects and submissions to Procurement Committee.
- Implement assets management and inventory procedures with support from the Admin Finance Manager.
- Implement internal control system which ensures that purchase orders (POs) are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on the POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Take an initiative role to prepare or revise procurement related guidelines or SoP as
- deem need based on the instructions/guidance from senior officials.
- Support in project development and other activities as per the need of the organization
Required Education, experience and qualifications/skills:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Management or other related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in procurement role.
- Knowledge of procurement, contracting and financial management rules and procedures would be an advantage.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to promote staff diversity within the organization
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Send a cover letter mentioning the position applied for and an updated CV including 3 references with contact number email to Human Resource Manager at email@example.com, SAPPROS Nepal, Babarmahal, Kathmandu no later than 5:00 pm on 25 November 2022, Friday.