Private Sector and Integration Director
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Private Sector and Integration Director
USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Disaster Risk Management Project
Scope of Work
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host country governments. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website (www.dai.com).
USAID/Tayar Nepal – Improved Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Project is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by DAI Global LLC (DAI) since 2019 to strengthen the capacity of Nepal’s national and municipal institutions responsible for disaster risk reduction, preparedness, and response. Tayar Nepal implements two-pronged (Stronger Systems + Safer Settlements) approach that strengthens institutions and capacities at the national and local levels to strengthen Nepal’s resilience to natural & non-natural disasters. Tayar Nepal is supporting eight urban municipalities to develop risk-sensitive land use plans (RSLUP) and then support the prioritization and implementation of a set of technical assistance packages improve disaster resilience.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Private Sector and Integration Director (PSID) is responsible for integrating programmatic cross-cutting themes of including private sector, gender equality and social inclusion (GESI), outreach and communications, coordination and linkage at national level and training on Tayar Nepal. Working closely with the component leads, the PSID will supervise staff responsible for GESI, communications, and curriculum design and training, and will directly lead private sector engagement and federal level engagement initiatives. Across these themes, the PSID will oversee strategy development, grants development and implementation, program activity planning, annual work planning, periodic reporting and budget management. The PSID will also provide technical assistance to ensure issues of gender, caste, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and disabilities are meaningfully considered in program activities. The PSID will be responsible for supervising the GESI Specialist, Communications and Outreach Specialist, and Curriculum Design and Training Specialist.
- Create partnerships between government representatives, development partners and private sector partners.
- Coordination and liaison with federal level government representatives.
- Design and manage interventions that address GESI disparities and create opportunities for women and marginalized groups for economic development such as women entrepreneurship that also address DRR-related issues and vulnerabilities.
- Develop strategies to engage the private sector, bank and financial institutions, insurance company, micro finance and cooperatives to encourage them to invest in disaster risk reduction and management.
- Promote mechanisms for insurance of crops, livestock, property, and business/livelihoods for risk sharing and risk transfer of vulnerable communities.
- Develop strategies for disaster affected community to access soft loans from banks and financial institutions.
- Support private sector to update business continuity plans and leverage resources.
- Integrate private sector into design of technical assistance packages for municipalities.
- Support Tayar Nepal efforts to promote public-private dialogue and collaboration on DRRM issues.
- Support efforts for gender and social inclusion (GESI), including managing the GESI Specialist to ensure issues of caste, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and disabilities are meaningfully considered in program activities.
- Ensure strong strategic and technical communications on the project including overseeing reports, deliverables, and outreach initiatives designed to promote increased awareness of DRR-related issues and demonstrate the project’s impact to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Facilitate annual work planning, and regular reporting.
- Ensure purposeful DRR-related training and curriculum design, including quality control of the project’s and sub-awardees’ trainings and workshops through the Curriculum Design and Training Specialist;
- Advise on integrating private sector and GESI innovation to grant and subcontracts; and,
- Oversee the grant and subcontracts related to private sector, disaster risk financing, GESI and communication as technical focal point.
- 13 years of relevant work experience, including experience in the private sector building partnerships and relationships with the private and public sector for NGOs and donor-funded projects.
- Experience in private sector engagement in social sector including DRRM in Nepal and Corporate Social Responsibility – a self-regulating business model that helps the company be socially accountable.
- Experience working with national and sub-national levels business associations such as FNCCI, banking sectors, micro finance and cooperative, insurance companies, builders and construction sectors.
- Working/liaison with federal level government agencies
- Master’s degree in relevant field required.
Interested applicants should submit an updated CV to TayarRecruitment@dai.com by May 29, 2023.
Location and Reporting
The Private Sector and Integration Director will be based in Kathmandu with frequent travel to the eight selected municipalities across Nepal and will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
Women, persons with disabilities, and those from marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.
|Category||Development and Project, Development / NGO|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Experience||Please check vacancy details.|
|Education||Please check vacancy details|
|Posted Date||15 May, 2023|
|Apply Before||29 May, 2023|