PEOPLE AND CULTURE ASSISTANT
Sambhav (Possible) is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, caste/ethnicity, disability, and sexuality. We consciously aim to achieve diversity and inclusivity."
Details / requirements:
PEOPLE AND CULTURE ASSISTANT
Possible is a collaboration that develops and tests innovations to improve healthcare in Nepal. Our partnership is between an independent Nepal-based non-governmental organization and a US-based non-profit. Possible envisions a world where everyone, everywhere has access to high-quality healthcare rooted in evidence, inclusion, and equity. As such, we engage in rigorous and collaborative research and innovation to address evidence, implementation, and policy gaps in the equity, quality, and accessibility of healthcare. Our research endeavors and partnerships aim to address challenges in context and established needs, rather than for the novelty of research. We partner with community-based organizations, public and private sector academic institutions, and research organizations to leverage research and evidence to inform and implement innovative solutions to healthcare challenges in Nepal. For the last 15 years, we have been a leader in healthcare innovation in Nepal, with partnerships spanning several local and international institutions such as Kathmandu University, Harvard Medical School, the University of California San Francisco, the Mount Sinai School of Medicine, and the University of Washington.
Possible, a non-governmental organization registered in Nepal, is seeking a People and Culture Assistant to provide support to People & Culture function while giving him/her/them an opportunity to gain people and culture related skills and also provide with an experience to build up their career path in People and Culture domain. The People and Culture Assistant should see themselves as an advocate for Possible’s mission, vision and values.
Reports to: People and Culture Executive (PACE)
Direct Report: PAC trainee
Works closely with: Finance & Operations and Research & Innovation Functions
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The People and Culture Assistant will be chiefly responsible for the following areas of work:
1. Support the operationalization of HR systems, procedures, and policies and facilitate their implementation to build a diverse team, social justice rooted culture and support system to advance Possible’s mission, vision and values
- Support the PACE in talent recruitment, performance management, professional development programs, compensation and benefits management, leave management, code of conduct, grievance handling, safety and security management
- Support the roll out of smart digital HR and admin system that supports the organization’s need and culture
- Support onboarding and offboarding processes for all incoming / outgoing team members and support/ facilitate team members in identifying and securing external professional development opportunities
- Support, groom and guide People and Culture Trainee
- Carry out tasks set out as directed and determined by the People & Culture Executive.
2. Support in embedding the organization’s core values into the organizational culture
- Support in facilitating values reflection, ongoing learning to encourage internalization and ownership of values as we grow and evolve as an organization
- Support in the successful implementation of GESI policies and achievement of targets
- Coordinate and support in planning and executing employee’s engagement activities by working closely with various functions at Possible.
3. Perform administrative duties to maintain and update employee records, and support PACE to ensure legal compliance, governance and thorough internal communications. Assist and facilitate team in logistic, inventory records and communication as required.
- Support PACE in employee management including management of working day/hours, tracking attendance and absenteeism, working from home, ID cards, personal document, supplies and technology
- Support to professionalize, digitize, and accurately maintain administrative systems within HR (i.e., insurance policies, CIT/ PAN cards, leave, attendance, etc.) in accordance to Government of Nepal documentation standards and Labor Law as well as what is required for any grant funded activities
- Assist required logistic support during conduction of program activities, training and meetings
- Work closely with the Finance & Operations team to support in timely release of PF, Gratuity, CIT, communication allowance and other benefits
- Support the Management team and Finance & Operations team to conduct and facilitate the NGO board and General Assembly meetings, and maintain legal, regulatory and donor compliances
- Work with different functions to support administrative functions as required and relevant
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive and the People and Culture Assistant may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by the People and Culture Executive.
- Commitment to Possible’s Values, Mission & Vision
- Able to apply concept of gender equity, disability and social inclusion (GEDSI) perspective into every aspect of their work
- Strong commitment and motivation to learn and grow in the field of human resource management;
- Able to adapt to flexible working environment, including working with a diverse team.
- Qualification and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 1-year experience in Human Resource management. Good command in written and spoken English and Nepali. Candidate should be a Nepali Citizen based in Nepal.
Email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying please include name and position in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until filled. If we are interested in your submission we will contact you to advance the application process. Please note that due to a large volume of applications, your application may not be responded to.