Nepal Red Cross Society manages CEHP (Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Program) in collaboration with Swiss Red Cross since 2001. The service of this program are implemented Mid-West Region (MWR) of Nepal. The core services of CEHP are Community Health and WASH, HIV prevention, sensitization of NCDs and strengthening capacity of Red Cross and community network. The program was mainly implemented in Jajarkot, Dang, Rukum, Rolpa and Dolpa districts in previous phase. The new phase-VII of the programme is being implemented from July 2018 to June 2021 with the continuation of two components-Health and WASH in Province 5 (Dang and Rolpa district) and Province Karnali (West Rukum and Kalikot district)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Nepal Red Cross Society, Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) Nepalgunj invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepali citizen for the following positions.
|Duty Station||Nepalgunj (frequent travel to field of project districts in Province 5 and Karnali Province)|
The Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) is implemented by the Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) with the support of Swiss Red Cross (SRC). The current phase of the program is being implemented from July 2018 to June 2021, has two components- Health and WASH. The employee will take lead role on facilitating productive collaboration between the program and the Palika with the major tasks listed below.
The employee is expected to work with the highest degree of moral behavior and conduct adhering to the Red Cross Movement Code of Conduct and seven principles. The code of conduct is integral part of the working contract.
Major duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Programme Director, the employee should support for the effective and result based coordination and cooperation with the Palikas and relevant actors for effective management of the Community Action for Health and WASH Projects. Detailed scope of work includes:
- Build strong and productive cooperation with Palika and other relevant actors in the Palika for Health and WASH, and facilitate or work together with Palika and Red Cross District Chapter Project team to bring together the health actors to develop/review, update and implement comprehensive Palika Health Plan as a collective action in health and WASH.
- Orient/Update the project team members on operational modality of Palikas in planning, budgeting and monitoring of development programmes, and backing up the project team to support Palika in maintaining the process while planning, budgeting and monitoring.
- Provide technical support to Palikas for planning, budgeting, monitoring of health and wash related activities and facilitate to develop policies, strategies, and guidelines, especially for the Health and WASH components of the Palika services.
- Negotiate/Advocate for collaborative actions in health and WASH with Palika and among other relevant actors to strengthen health care delivery system, and promote joint projects/activities in health and WASH together with the Palika and other health care actors mobilizing shared resources and ownership.
- Take part in exploring/assessing capacity gap at the Palika level (of the relevant sections) in the context of health and WASH program management and facilitate developing joint plan and activities to address those gaps.
- Explore capacity gaps, develop enhancement plan to strengthen capacity of the district project team for such as coordination, negotiation, facilitation, resource generation, to attain the sustainable program partnering with Palikas and other relevant institutions.
- Make the project team members familiar or update on the Health and WASH related national, provincial and local level guidelines, policies, strategic documents, periodic plans, etc. developed by government.
- Support and participate palika level review, planning and coordination meetings and also in different level (province, district, Palika) coordination meetings organized by the various relevant agencies, share good practices and lessons learnt of the Red Cross program and maintain the close institutional relation with the partners and stakeholders.
- Support to fulfill other assignments given by NRCS CEHP for the effective implementation of the program according to the project design.
Contract period for the position is for one year with possibility of extension.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized groups/communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may submit their applications along with latest bio-data, together with a recent photo with details of two referees to email@example.com, or upload at www.jobsnepal.com website by January 31 2020. Only short listed candidates will be called at Nepalgunj office for further selection process.