VSO is the world's leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world's poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We're not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Full Time, 35 hours per week
Under the direct supervision and overall guidance of Head of People and Operation, the Operation Specialist will lead and oversee all procurement activities and other operational responsibilities (IT, Inventory, Liaison Logistics and Security). Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on procurement process and procedures ensuring policies of VSO, related donors and partners.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
At least Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, management or related subject with minimum 3 - 4 years of progressive work experience.
- Experience and demonstrated ability working on projects funded by a variety of international donors, including experience in developing and managing activities and related budgets.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignment under pressure of deadline. Willing and flexibility to multi-task.
- Ability to professionally represent VSO to Donor, Partners, Vendors, Government and Non- Government stakeholders.
Volunteering for Development and Youth Engagement:
- Understanding and valuing the role of volunteering for development.
- Valuing the role of young people in development.
- Experience of working with international and national professional volunteers and youth plus personal experience of volunteering for development is a significant advantage.
- Good verbal and oral communication skills in English and local languages.
Competencies and Behaviour:
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
Financial and Risk Management: Sound knowledge of financial and risk management skills
Information Technology: Good level of computer skills (Windows, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, Internet).
Travel requirement: Able to travel in country and spend time away from work- base location and home.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
How to apply
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
Application closing date
08 Aug 2022
as soon as possible
as soon as possible