Details / requirements:
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Location: Sanepa, Lalitpur
Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 5:00 pm
About Street Child of Nepal
Street Child of Nepal (SCoN) was established in response to the 2015 earthquake that left over 1 million children without schools and caused significant damage to more than 50,000 classrooms in Nepal. Street Child UK established SCoN to assist local organizations in restoring education in the worst affected communities. Since then, SCoN is continually, expanding its efforts to provide long-term educational opportunities for marginalized communities in Nepal. Being one of the first in Nepal to implement the Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) pedagogy developed by Pratham India, SCoN prioritizes educational quality with learner centric focus to provide the best learning alternative for children in need.
Furthermore, SCoN is committed to evidence lead advocacy and programming, and support qualitative and quantitative research across sectors.
Objective/Purpose of the Position:
The Officer will work together with Finance Manager and Finance Officer and will primarily be responsible for managing day to day operation of the organisation. S/he will support for smooth implementation of Build the Basics Project ensuring alignment between Street Child of Nepal’s operational and administrative functions. He or she will drive strategic depth across the organisation through implementation of efficient systems and processes, record keeping, data management, stakeholder management and building a sound operational and administrative functions.
The primary responsibilities of the incumbent will be:
- Be responsible for management of all procurement and logistics related functions.
- Be responsible for the asset handling and record keeping.
- Be responsible for management of all HR related functions and employee relations.
- Recruiting, interviewing and performing reference/background checks of all future applicants.
- Organizing and managing new employee orientation, induction.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives, records and systems.
- Ensure that all activities, processes and procedures are carried out in accordance to Street Child’s policies and procedures rules and regulations that are listed in the code of conduct, operations, and human resource manuals;
- Be updated about any changes in recent laws, recommend and suggest for any revision or update required in the HR Manual, Employee documentations.
- Maintain proper inventory records of goods and equipment owned by Street Child of Nepal and ensure that relevant control systems are in place and complied with.
- Take follow-up measures on audit findings related to operational function.
- Support/oversee logistic arrangements for project activities and travel.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Master’s degree in operations management or related field is an advantage.
- Demonstrable work experience in international development.
- Demonstrable experience in office leadership and operations, logistics and administrative management roles.
- Experience in finance and budgeting.
- Staff management experience.
Skills and attributes
The ideal candidate will have-
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Excellent cooperation and collaboration skills, with the ability to work with a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills;
- Ability to positively influence others;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Solid understanding of financial management.
- Able to travel regularly, as per the need basis.
Street Child’s commitment to safeguarding.
Street Child is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the communities we serve, our partners, our volunteers, and our staff. As part of this commitment to safeguarding, all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate background checks. Street Child also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
Street Child of Nepal welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. However, we also strongly encourage female candidates.
Applicants must fill up this form by visiting https://forms.office.com/r/Mm5mpB9CFw and then send a cover letter and a CV in English to email@example.com no later than 19th March 2023.
Street Child of Nepal does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator. Canvassing attempt associated with any applicant at any stage of the recruitment process will lead to direct disqualification and blacklisting. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.