Detailed Job description / requirements:
Role: Operations Manager, Invest for Impact Nepal
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Are you an experienced professional looking to work with a high performance team for your next challenge?
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and Chennai. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges.
Nathan became part of the Cadmus group in 2023. Their mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. Together, we are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Nathan is currently implementing Invest for Impact Nepal (IIN). A ground-breaking collaboration between Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) and Development Partners to unlock and accelerate transformative foreign investments to speed up growth, create jobs, and assist in the development of an equitable and sustainable economy in Nepal. IIN aims to achieve this by enabling Financial Institutions (FIs) and Private Equity and Venture Capital (PEVC) funds access resources and expertise from DFIs and impact investors for investment into Nepali businesses and develop the emerging investment ecosystem.
IIN is established by British International Investment (BII), the Dutch Entrepreneurial Development Bank (FMO), and the Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation (SDC) to complement existing efforts to attract DFI investment to support private sector growth. IIN is looking for the Operations Manager to join its team in Kathmandu for at least two and half years.
The Operations Manager primary role are; a) programme planning and execution, b) operations management, c) reporting and communications, d) stakeholder management, and e) team leadership. There will be several interventions occurring concurrently, therefore the Operations Manager will be responsible for smooth execution and coordination of the planned activities with the support of the Chief Executive Officer.
The scope of the Operations Manager’s work will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Plan and coordinate program operations, ensuring effective delivery of activities.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams and external partners for timely and smooth delivery of activities and interventions.
- Manage program activities to adhere to timelines and budgets.
- Monitor operational performance metrics, identifying areas for improvement.
- Collect and analyze program data from various sources, ensuring accuracy, and preparing regular status updates.
- Prepare and present reports to stakeholders, managing overall communication platforms and messages.
- Coordinate documentation and reporting for a monthly dashboard, bi-annual, and annual reports.
- Support the team in maintaining relationships with stakeholders through effective communication and engagement.
- Assist team in hiring and managing professionals / consultancy firms responsible for program delivery.
- Promote a positive and collaborative work environment, fostering teamwork and effective communication.
The candidate: Background, skills, and aptitude
- University degree in Management, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field.
- Experience in program management, including planning, execution, and coordination of activities.
- Ability to optimize operational efficiency, seek continuous improvement, and implement strategies accordingly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare and present reports to stakeholders.
- Proficiency in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data from various sources for accurate reporting with strong attention to detail and ability to validate data accuracy.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills with ability to frame issues, identify key points, draw conclusions, and exercise good judgement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to engage with stakeholders and address their needs.
- Experience in hiring and managing professionals and service providers responsible for program delivery.
- High proficiency in English and Nepali.
Next Steps and How to Apply
To apply please submit your C.V. and a covering letter by email on email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed and processed on a rolling basis and will not be entertained after 11 June 2023.