Details / requirements:
Office Driver: Nepal
Founded in 1983, the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working to strengthen and expand democracy worldwide. NDI works with democrats and democratic institutions in every region of the world to build political and civic organizations, safeguard elections and promote citizen participation, openness, and accountability in government. Headquartered in Washington, DC, NDI maintains offices in over 70 countries on five continents. Its diverse workforce of employees from 75 countries are united in the belief that democracies promote economic growth and development more consistently and equitably than non-democratic political systems. NDI’s office in Nepal has been operational since 1997 and has since collaborated with the Parliament, political parties, government agencies and civil society.
NDI-Nepal is seeking candidates for the position of Office Driver to support the field office’s movements in and outside Kathmandu. This position is based in Kathmandu and reports to the Administrative and Security Assistant.
- Drive office vehicles safely and maintain the driving guidelines, placing the safety of passengers as a top priority at all times.
- Ensure that all vehicles comply with the Minimum Operating Security Standards.
- Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery, brakes, and other technical aspects. Notify the supervisor immediately of any problems or the need for repairs.
- Update and report all the vehicle documents periodically to the supervisor.
- Payment of office utilities such as telephone, mobile, water, electricity, and other bills.
- Flexibility and availability to work longer hours during intense and intensive program periods including weekends when required.
- Assist with other official duties as instructed by the supervisor, including logistics support.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, and other items.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- SLC Education is preferred.
- Minimum of three to four years of driving experience. Previous working experience in I/NGO preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to work under minimal supervision and be proactive.
- Integrity and flexibility, coupled with enthusiasm, commitment, and energy.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multinational environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work in a team.
- Maintenance of confidentiality at all times.
- Training in Mechanics will be an added advantage.
- Nepali and English language speaking and writing are required.
The application deadline is July 20, 2021. To apply, please e-mail a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please!
Applicants need to possess work authorization to work in Nepal.
NDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.