Nepal Red Cross Society - Lumbini Province Chapter
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Nepal Red Cross Society - Lumbini Province Chapter implements ‘Enabling Action for Community Health’ (EACH) supported by Swiss Red Cross (SRC) and British Red Cross (BRC). It is an integrated project, which comprises National Society Development (NSD), Community Health (including WASH) and DRR-CCA components. The project is being implemented in one rural municipality of two districts in Gulmi (Kaligandaki) and Arghakhanchi (Malarani). The key objectives of the project are (1) to improve the access and quality of reproductive health services particularly maternal, new born, adolescent health, family planning and WASH services, (2) to strengthen the capacity of NRCS and local partners and (3) to increase demand and service utilization through improving behavior and practices in health and WASH. For the operation of the project, Nepal Red Cross Society Lumbini Province Chapter invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepali citizen for the following position.
|Duty Station||Lumbini Province Chapter Office – Butwal with frequent visit at project sites|
Contract period is for one year with possibility of extension.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized groups/communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements may apply by sending updated curriculum vitae, cover letter, a recent photograph with details of two referees firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date for submitting the application is 17.00 hrs, June 27, 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be called for further selection process. The position applied should be clearly mentioned in 'subject' of the application or email.
Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) implements the Enabling Action for Community Health (EACH) Project with technical and financial support of Swiss Red Cross (SRC) and British Red Cross (BRC). The project comprises three major aspects- reproductive health WASH, and DRR-CCA including NSD and Ageing and Health as cross cutting issues. Both the Swiss Red Cross (SRC) and British Red Cross (BRC) have been supporting NRCS for more than two decades; helping them to achieve their ambitions in Health services, Disaster Management, Emergency Preparedness and National Society Development (NSD). The project ‘Enabling Action for Community Health (EACH)’ has been started from January 2022 and ends in December 2025.
Scope of the Position:
The Program Coordinator is leading implementation of the thematic priorities of the EACH project, i.e., health, includes WASH and DRR CCA mainstreaming in close coordination with the Deputy Programme Director (DPD) (Manager) to meet the goal/objectives of the project as well as to ensure the quality of work. The employee as focal person for the DRR-CCA and also support for overall management of EACH project that is in focus on health; maternal, neonatal and child health and family planning components including other determinant of the health like - Water, Sanitation, Hygiene; DRR-CCA and NSD. The employee ensures the efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability of the project achieve outcomes and outputs according to the agreed project plan considering the existing policies, strategies, and procedures of NRCS. The employee, in lead of DPD contributes for strengthening organizational/institutional capacity of the provincial Red Cross and district chapters (DC) to enhance their service delivery.
The employee is expected to work with the highest degree of moral behavior and conduct adhering to the Red Cross Movement Code of Conduct and the seven Red Cross Principles. The code of conduct is an integral part of the employment contract.
The employee is responsible for coordination, communication, implementation, monitoring, supervision, recording and reporting to meet the objectives of the project as well as to ensure the quality of delivery at province and district level according to plan of action and implementation guideline.
Detail of work includes:
- Support and facilitate province and district team in implementation of the project activities as per logframe, project implementation guideline, plan of action with wider participation of all stakeholders ensuring DRR- CCA integration in the project activities.
- Provide necessary technical support to province, district and municipality in development/revision of relevant plans, policies and guidelines in Health, WASH and DRR-CCA.
- Provide technical inputs and support in preparing annual plan of action and corresponding budget together with the project team.
- Support for developing tools/materials and conducting orientation, training workshop at the community, and municipal level and support as resource person as needed.
- Ensure that the thematic officers have scheduled work plan and set priorities for managing the project at district level, as needed, provide technical support.
- Work as focal person for DRR-CCA and provide guidance and technical input to project team at province, municipality and district team to ensure the DRR-CCA is well integrated in project activities.
- Support in daily operation of the province chapter office and further promote conducive work environment.
- Manage, and supervise the work of District Project Officer and relevant staff members of district, which includes the mentoring and coaching, facilitation for professional/capacity development, and conducting performance reviews and address any challenges that may arise.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the project districts/municipalities to observe the progress and provide suggestions/feedbacks to the team as and when required, prepare reports of each of the monitoring trip reflecting the achievements and challenges and share to respective team member with action to be taken.
- Assist NRCS Province Chapter in project planning and preparing, revising, and updating the project guidelines, IEC/BCC materials and training manual for ongoing and new projects.
- Capture success stories and lessons learned in each phase of project implementation and maintain documentation.
- Work as focal person for the reporting and ensure preparation of Logframe based and progress reports incorporating programmatic information coherence with the financial information of project activities for timely submission of reports.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships and coordination across the programs and different stakeholders particularly in DRR-CCA and any other related departments or organizations to ensure to work in an integrated approach.
- Ensure the participation of hard-to-reach groups, poor, socially excluded, and marginalized group in every step of project cycle (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation) along with consideration of gender and social inclusion.
- Ensure that CEA is well integrated in the project and its learning are feed into the project at right interval.
- Support in organizing the periodic review meeting of the project to monitor the progress, identify challenges gaps and prepare the mitigation plan accordingly.
- Establish/improve the proper knowledge management and documentation through research/study, documentation of the learning, innovation, sharing, and publication, which influence the evidence-based planning and advocacy.
- Support other projects (if needed) of the NRCS Province Chapter without hampering the services of core project(s) and conduct any official task as assigned by Deputy Program Director and NRCS Province Chapter Office.