Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer
Green Tara Nepal, a non-political, non-profit making non-governmental organization, established in 2007, has been working in the field of maternal and child health. It works in research, publications, advocacy, training and social mobilization in a holistic community development approach. Green Tara Nepal aims to bridge the gap between rural and urban, rich and poor and men and women in accessing services and improving healthy behaviors through community development and health promotion approach.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Green Tara Nepal
Green Tara Nepal, a non-political, non-profit making non-governmental organization, established in 2007, has been working in the field of maternal and child health. It works in research, publications, advocacy, training and social mobilization in a holistic community development approach.
Green Tara Nepal aims to bridge the gaps in accessing health services and improving healthy behaviours through community development and health promotion approach.
Green Tara Nepal is looking for experienced and highly qualified Nepali candidates for the following positions. Candidates with proven skills of meeting the requirements and dedicated to work in NGO are encouraged to apply for this position:
1. Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer
Required number: 1
Duty station: Kathmandu (Central Office office) with frequent travel to programme districts
Green Tara Nepal (GTN) works as a Consortium Partner (CP) of Nepal Disabled Women Association (NDWA) to implement a project ‘Inclusive Partnership Against Violence (INPAV)for the period of Oct 2019 to Sep 2022. This project is funded by United Nations Trust Fund (UNTF) for inclusive and equitable, just, society where women with disabilities of Nepal are enjoying their dignified life through empowerment and advocacy for increased inclusion in all spheres of the society of the rights of girls/women with disabilities. The main purpose of this position is to implement In PAV project for GTN. The MEAL Officer works as a focal point person for GTN and supports in accomplishing all tasks assigned to the organization.
Must have Master Degree equivalent to public health, social science, women studies, gender studies or other relevant subject with work experiences of more than 5 years in monitoring, evaluation, documentation and conducting research. Knowledge of gender and social inclusion issues from disability perspectives is essential. S/he should be self-driven and act as a role model.
- In-depth knowledge and skills in conducting gender-sensitive research (need assessment, baseline and final evaluation) both in the field work and report writing.
- Expertise in monitoring of the projects and programmes using monitoring and logical framework.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and communicate with the GON and NGO counterparts at the federal, provincial and local level for designing and implementing gender and social inclusion strategies and action plans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, facilitation, communication, negotiation and networking.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment in time pressure.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Nepali languages
- Advance knowledge and skills on statistical software
- Experience in an academic paper writing and publishing
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project. S/he will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project. S/he will also should provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
Related to Monitoring
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators. Systematic recording of the project data.
- Check data quality with partners. Keep up-to-date record (detail information of all the stakeholders)
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project.
Related to Research, Evaluation and Reporting
- Lead research under InPAV Project (situation analysis, baseline study and final evaluation) including follow-up with the consultants
- Document and report the processes as set up in the monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required.
Related to planning and implementation
- Planning of day to day activities in coordination with Consortium Manager
- Assist stakeholders to communicate and dialogue with each other; to set up regular network meetings to enable dialogue and Programme coherence; to mediate problems between people/ groups.
- Support the partners in designing Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) materials.
Related to coordination, communication and advocacy
- Represent GTN in the partners or networking meeting at the national, provincial and local level.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the Programme area including implementing partner (NDWA) and UNTF
- Analysis and report writing of several research/studies at GTN
- Coordinate for planning of the anticipated second Health Promotion Conference
- Perform tasks as assigned by the line manager.
Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and pressures.
Selected candidates must adherence to GTN’s policies and procedures, protocols, code of conduct with special attention to Child Protection Policies and Do No Harm approach including funding agency’s policies, guidelines and agreements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates meeting above-mentioned criteria are requested to send their updated CV along with a cover letter specifying your eligibility for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10 April 2020 before 17:00 hrs. Please mention the applied position in the subject line.
GTN is an equal opportunities employer. Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process.
No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing. GTN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.