Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Human Rights and Environment Development Centre (HuRENDEC) Nepal, Kalikot has been established in Kalikot and working in Karnali region for more than 2 decade.The organization has been working on need based action orientated multi-disciplinary areas through social mobilization especially focusing on human rights, livelihood, micro enterprise, infrastructure, climate change, cash for work, lobby/advocacy, empowerment, disaster management, natural resource management and eco friendly infrastructure.
HuRENDEC Kalikot has been implementing ‘Sustainable Livelihood and Biodiversity Conservation in remote mountain villages in the Himlayas (SuLABH)" project with the support of tdh Germany/ BMZ. The duration of project is 3 years and areas are Kalikot, Mugu and Humla district. HuRENDEC is lead implementing partner RPUDP Humla and MCDC Mugu are district local partners.The project aims to improve the livelihood of community and conserve the biodoversity in Karnali region. For this, HuRENDEC Kalikot invites application from result oriented and highly motivated Nepalese candidates for the following position.
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
Contract Type: H-SC 6
Duty Station: Kalikot (frequetly movement in project areas)
Report to: Program Director and Project Coordinator
Salary and Benefits: As per the organization's norm commensurate with the project agreement
The position holder is responsible for monitoring of project activities within the project framework. S/He will responsible to effectively implement the activities and ensure the quality of work. S/he will also be responsible for good quality report and develop lesson learnt documentation establishing routine data collection and result based project monitoring system.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop M&E framework of SULABH project to measure the outcomes against goals and indicators throughout the project period;
- Lead planning, implementation and M&E activities of SULABH project in collaboration with Project coordinator;
- Provide technical guidance and ensure adequate understanding of agro forest based livelihood interventions, value chains and enterpreneurship;
- Agriculture interventions are properly planned, monitored and adjusted as required and monitor the project activities through extensive field visits;
- Ensure timely production and submission of technical and financial reports of the project in line with organizational and donor requirements;
- Develop innovative and successful approaches and good practices in areas of conservation and livelihood in the project;
- Facilitate the project team in target setting, reporting, database management, and developing MEAL plan and its effective implementation
- Facilitate and support in planning and conducting surveys, monitoring, progress review, and internal evaluation of the project
- Field monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the project activities regularly
- Facilitate the meetings, trainings and high level visits from stakeholders and donors
- Ensure partners and stakeholders are aware, positive and supportive of the project through timely information sharing
- Ensure and oversee the implementation of the project’s accountability mechanism at the community level
- Supervise and support to field level staff, providing practical advice and guidance especially in agricultural components
- Ensure documentation and generation of the knowledge products as guided by the project document
- Ensure that lesson learnt are documented and shared within HuRENDEC, project teams, communities and stakeholders
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Agriculture, Forestry, Environment, Natural Resource Management, Agro economy, social science, education or management (Masters prefered)
- At least two years‘ work experience in relevent field with implementing, monitoring and reporting of projects.
- Experience in livelihood related project, forest based enterprise and agriculture value chain projects in rural settings will add value.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong proficiency in English and Nepali language
- Proven excellent report writing and learning documents developing skills
- Practical knowledge in M&E framework, data managment and experience in Planning and Monitoring of the project
- Strong analytical, critical thinking; ability to produce routine progress summaries for reporting purposes.
- Build a congenial working relationship with CBOs, stakeholders, partners and other projects
- Ability to take responsibility, meet deadlines and make progress with minimum Supervision
- Good command on MS Office package and skilled on statistical packages such as Ms Access, excel, SPSS, SATA etc
- Excellent inter-personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong interest to work on agriculture value chain based livelihood improvement approach and experienced in agriculture-based business plan development
- Commitment to work for full project duration
- Understanding of database management skills
- Good photography and videography skills will add value
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements.
Results-oriented individuals may submit application with updated CV at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th October 2020. Women, Dalit, Indigenous, Madhesi and local candidates will be highly appreciated to apply and preferred for selection process. Applicants must mention applied position in the subject line. Only short listed candidates will be notified for selection process. Any canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.