Detailed Job description / requirements:
Job Title: MEAL officer
Reports to: Team Leader
No. of Vacancy: 1
Contract: Annual for 3 years based on performance.
Location: Bara district
Salary: as per provision of project/Negotiable
Under the direct supervision of the Project Lead and in coordination with other project team members and supportive supervision from Islamic Relief Nepal (Funding Agency); MEAL officer will contribute towards successful implementation of MEAL activities at the Strengthening Community Resilience project level.
Purpose: The MEAL officer will contribute to the design and implementation of MEAL plan, setting up accountability system, ensure timely submission of high-quality reports, create contents, stories and supports in the process documentation of the project activities.
- Support to design the M&E plan and lead its implementation, including the baseline study and periodic assessments.
- Lead in formulation and implementation of project M&E plan, which are updated on a quarterly basis.
- Lead to ensure the beneficiary databases are precisely collected and well maintained as per the JJYC standard requirement
- Support project team in conducting various assessments, facilitate focus groups and other qualitative data collection exercises.
- Review the project reports and ensure timely submission of high-quality reports (Monthly, Interim, Final and Event reports)
- Support project team in setting up robust accountability mechanisms to beneficiaries, donors and review the use of accountability mechanisms, data, and responses.
- Provide support to project team in documentation of workshop, seminar, and training.
- Lead in conducting post-distribution monitoring as well as real time monitoring.
- Lead to conduct the periodic learning and review events and ensure they are well documented.
- Design the reporting plan and lead its implementation, including the inception report and periodic/ad hoc reports
- Produce periodic reports on community feedback, MEAL results in order to review, analyze and make corrective measures to excel in quality delivery timely.
A. Project Management:
- Lead to develop the project MEAL framework based on the project log frame.
- Lead to implement the MEAL plan and the indicator tracking on a periodic basis.
- Lead to ensure robust complain response mechanism and safeguarding compliances are practiced well
- Conduct periodic review and reflection to accommodate failures and successes appropriately and update the lesson learnt log accordingly.
B. Capacity Building
- Capacity building of the team members on effective reporting, data base collection, learning documentation and setting up accountability mechanism
- As required develop the format to ensure the accurate and precise information are collected from the field level
C. Monitoring & Evaluations
- Ensure the monitoring and evaluations are well set up in the project and are functional.
- Support and encourage the team to adapt to change and also ability to accommodate new learning guidance and requirements.
D. Relationship Management
- Manage effective communication and coordination within project staff, team members, PNGO board and all relevant stakeholders
- Provide the necessary support to the team to ensure the
E. Child and adult safeguarding
- Ensure all the working environments in the office and working areas are child and adult-sensitive.
- Support the organization in complying with all child and adult safeguarding policies, requirements, and audits
- No previous records/information regarding involvement in safeguarding concerns (Positive/satisfactory statement in reference check).
- Disseminate information/messages to beneficiaries and target communities on Safeguarding and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH).
- Contribute to setting up and systematizing the robust complaint and reporting mechanism.
- Responsible for collecting/compiling and updating the complaint response log.
Academic Qualification, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Sociology, IT, media and communication or any other similar field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar position that outlines expected roles
- Demonstrated experience working with NGOs/private sector
- Fluency in written and spoken Nepali and English
- Have a good technical knowledge and work experience on development sector, report writing, MEAL plan implementation, progress and indicator tracking, data and information management
- Ability to work in diverse team to yield quality results within the stipulated time period
HOW TO APPLY
A Cover letter with latest curriculum-vitae, a copy of Nepali citizenship certificate should be submitted by email to email@example.com. Or direct in JJYC Bara Kalaiya-1, motibag, Head Office no later than 28th Nov, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the written and interview process. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Note: JJYC Bara is equal opportunity organization, Local resident, Women, Dalit, Marginalized and Differently Able are highly encouraged to apply for the positions.