Detailed Job description / requirements:
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer, 1 Person
(Based in Kathmandu)
Centre for Social Change
( First time published on 12 May 2022)
Projects and Programs
2 Years (Possible extension)
Kathmandu with frequent field visit to project districts
Salary and Benefits
As per the Organization’s Policy
31 May 2022
Founded in 2015, Centre for Social Change (CSC) is a Kathmandu-based social think-tank working on issues around conflict prevention, migration, governance, and civil society development. CSC setup a creative environment to work within a strong methodological framework for evidence-based policy advocacy. The foundational work of CSC is to generate data based on research and assist to design the people-centric policy and programs in local and national level.
The MEAL Officer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate MEAL systems for all activities of the projects and results at the organizational level. The MEAL officer will assume responsibility for full-cycle Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning of all project and developing appropriate methodologies and tools to design the complete process. The MEAL officer will contribute in evidence-based program design and track the continuous improvements of the program quality based on data, credible evidences, learnings, reporting process, improving information management and data quality as well as strengthening knowledge sharing and learning across organization. The MEAL officer will also prepare annual reports on the project progress and harvest outcome process from the project activities. The MEAL officer will work in close collaboration with CSC team and field-level staffs.
Major responsibilities and deliverables:
- Develop, implement, and access monitoring frameworks for program and all CSC projects.
- Develop the overall framework for project MEAL systems including mid-terms reviews, internal evaluation of the projects.
- Facilitate and design objectives, logic models, monitoring frameworks, and evaluation plans during annual work planning process.
- Facilitate capacity building of CSC team on knowledge, skills , and competencies necessary for effective MEAL through in-house training.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of MEAL activities.
- Support the project team in extracting lesson learnt and good practices, and document case studies which demonstrate the change achieved through the project.
- Support the development, design, and writing of proposals and concepts notes for related programming information management and reporting.
- Visit project locations and initiate to monitor the quality and completeness of data produced through the project in coordination with project members and field officers.
- Assist to develop learning materials, knowledge management, and skill development products for wider dissemination among the relevant stakeholders and target groups of the project.
- Perform other duties related to the job as assigned by the supervisor and the leadership team.
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Development Studies, or any other social science field with at least two years of relevant experience for Master’s and three years for Bachelors.
- Good knowledge and strong demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning including participatory approaches.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies and data collection and analysis.
- Ability to coordinate and strengthen partnership with government officials, CSOs, and media.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks at a time and able to accomplish quality work with strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated, self-confident, a team player and must possess a high level of integrity.
Send CV and motivation letter mentioning position applied for with contact number and email address to email@example.com no later than 31 May 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for in-person interview.
Underrepresented groups and genders are highly encouraged to apply. Telephone enquiries shall not be entertained. CSC reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason whatsoever.