Detailed Job description / requirements:
Handicap International Federation (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Present in Nepal since 2000, HI works through a network of local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency response to improve the living conditions and involvement of the most vulnerable populations in Nepal.
HI Nepal is recruiting the following position for the implementation of Disability Inclusive Development (DID) project working for creating equitable access to inclusive education, inclusive sexual reproductive health services and livelihood opportunities for young people with disabilities.
1. MEAL Officer – 1 Position
Terms & Conditions: One year contract
Location: Country Office, Kathmandu, Nepal with frequent field visits
- Overall responsibilities of MEAL activities of DID Project
- Implement and monitor the project’s MEAL Plan following HI Planning Monitoring Evaluation (PME) Policy
- Support team members and partners for effective implementation of MEAL plan and maintaining beneficiary database management; collect beneficiary data from the field;
- Monitor the Project Indicators, develop project specific beneficiaries database and review partners’ report as per the need of project,
- Build capacity of partner and team member on monitoring and reporting
- Facilitate to ensure reviews meetings and its documentations;
- Lead for organizing external and internal project specific evaluations on DID Project as required in consultation with MEAL Manager and Program Manager.
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation visits and missions as per MEAL plan;
- Ensure accountability mechanism set up for DID project, maintained database and its follow ups;
- Ensure documenting project learning and good practices together with project team and MEAL Manager;
- Provide training and technical support to partners’ staff to implement MEAL activities
- Support Program Manager to conduct project related MEAL activities.
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, management, health or related field with minimum 4 years working experience or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, management or health related field with minimum 3 years of working experience in data management and M&E, preferably focused on Health/ SRH
- Strong Knowledge of MEAL practices/approaches, data management and analysis
- Knowledge on Health Management Information System (HMIS)
- Knowledge on conducting research and surveys
- Knowledge on disability and rehabilitation sector would be added advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
Send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for and expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact number and e-mail address to email@example.com no later than 9th April, 2021. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Handicap International (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates applying for a job with HI must be ready to comply with our Child Protection Policy, and Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment.