Linux Support Administrator
BerryBytes develop computer vision technologies using Machine Learning and AI and offers Cloud Native Application solutions. We bring the perfect combination of talent and technology to help our customers overcome their most significant challenges.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Linux Support Administrator
We are looking for a full-time Linux support engineer with cPanel/Plesk experience to join our team. The position will entail working on a wide variety of projects; most of them involving the maintenance, and optimization of the core infrastructure that drives our web business. We are looking for a person that is detail oriented, with an understanding of linux, specifically with cPanel/Plesk, the importance of security and uptime for our clients. The candidate would be responsible for managing the infrastructure of our shared, reseller, cloud, and web hosting customers.
What we do?
We develop Cloud Agnostic PaaS that leverage Kubernetes to reduce significant time to roll out the Cloud Native application across the managed or on premise infrastructure. Our product powers companies to achieve new levels of velocity, agility, reliability, and efficiency in their projects and systems.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Managed server loads, rollouts of services, scheduled tasks, monitoring tools.
- Improving internal and external security.
- Improving HTTP performance and reliability.
- Responsible for day to day management and maintenance of Linux servers and services including every stage of its process and implementation
- Supervise end user management of hosting projects and assist customers whenever issues arise.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all server resources,systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Familiar with security methods and practices to facilitate protection of the consumer's private information & strong interest in web security projects.
- Strong interest, awareness, and aptitude to learn about and work on web security issues and projects.
- Dedication, teamwork and professionalism.
- High speed personal connection to the internet.
Knowledge and Skills:
Working knowledge of Cpanel/Plesk
- Windows experience will be a plus.
- Experience with SSL
- Knowledge of bash & Python shell scripting.
- Must have a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of domain & DNS.
- Experience in Linux troubleshooting issues.
Why a Career with BerryBytes?
At BerryBytes, we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. BerryBytes's idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
You will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there are lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with BerryBytes. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
We offer flexible hours, competitive PTO policy, incentive, bonus and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field.
Please send your latest resume in PDF format at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.