Junior Level (Saathi Teacher)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
POSITION: “Saathi Teacher”
Helambu Education and Livelihood Partnership (HELP) is a local NGO set up in 2009 intending to improve the quality of education in some of the remote village schools in Sindhupalchowk, some 70km northeast of Kathmandu. As a small, grassroots charity, we run five core programmes; Saathi Teachers programme, International Volunteer Programme, Scholarship Programme, School Reconstruction Programme and School Resources Programme.
This is a position within the organisation to teach in the basic schools of rural Sindhupalchowk. This position particularly emphasizes strengthening both the academic and non-academic skills of students. We hope to improve results and strive for excellence, so this post will have a role to institute the changes for effective classroom delivery and satisfactory learning outcome.
Relationship: Accountable to the Board of Management through the Executive Director. Also, work under the direct supervision of the Teachers Development Coordinator (TDC)
Contract term: Two years fixed term.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach Mathematics and English from Grade 1 to 5.
- Develop 21st Century technical skills (Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking and Communication) in the classrooms.
- Prepare annual, Mid-term, unit and lesson plans of assigned subjects.
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events.
- Create educational study materials (notes, summaries, assignments etc.) and use them regularly.
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom.
- Prepare and submit progress reports every month to Teachers Development Coordinator (TDC).
- Under direct supervision of the Principal and SMC, adopting and working towards implementing the School Improvement Plan of the school.
- Communicate, consult and cooperate with other members of the school staff and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending workshops and training.
- Reflecting and evaluating one’s own teaching and learning strategies and methodologies align with the National Education Goals.
Knowledge, skill and mindset:
- Passionate about teaching children.
- Knowledge of primary subjects as per the curriculum.
- Sound knowledge of child psychology, pedagogy and curriculum.
- Classroom management and behavior management skills.
- Assessment design, evaluation and presentation skills.
- Theme based activity-centric teaching skill.
- Exceptional organisational skills to keep on top of these tasks and complete their duties on time.
- Intellectually challenging and encouraging students.
- Good communication and social skills.
- Knowledge sharing and continuous learning attitude.
- Able to show students how to "connect and protect" in the digital age.
Deadline: 17th February 2023
A detailed Job Description (JD) and Application Form can be obtained from the following link: