- Company: DAI
- Industry: Other
- Address: Kathmandu
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check details below.
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Disaster Risk Management Project
Request for Applications- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website (www.dai.com).
DAI seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager for the USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Disaster Risk Management Project.
Applicants should apply via Formsite at this link by no later than August 31, 2019: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/oiuh9cdwcn/index.html
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information and upload CV. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted. Positions are for Nepal Nationals only.
Detail Scope of Work:
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager
Level of Effort: One Year Full-time, Fixed Term Contract, with possibility of extension until the close of the project
Period of Performance: on/about October 1, 2019 – September 30, 2020
Base of Operations: Kathmandu, with travel to priority Tayar municipalities
USAID/Nepal’s Tayar Nepal – Improved Disaster Risk Management Project will strengthen the capacity of Nepal’s national and municipal institutions responsible for disaster preparedness and response. In a country prone to a myriad of natural disasters, at the national level Tayar Nepal will build the capacity of disaster risk management (DRM) institutions, including the newly created National Disaster Management Agency (NDMA). Locally, Tayar will support eight urban municipalities to develop risk-sensitive land use plans and then support the prioritization and implementation of a set of technical assistance packages improve disaster resilience. In the event of a disaster over the life of the five-year project, USAID/Nepal may engage the program’s rapid emergency response mechanism. Tayar will work closely with the Government of Nepal and Nepali emergency responders to mobilize technical assistance, commodity support, small-scale infrastructure, and information management support. Tayar will apply lessons learned from disaster response efforts to improve national-level DRM systems and municipal-level risk-reduction activities.
The MEL Manager will design and implement the program’s monitoring, evaluation and learning strategy, systems, and procedures, including the collection and analysis of monitoring data. The MEL Manager will participate in the development of overall activity strategy and approaches within the context of Tayar objectives.
- Oversee the Tayar MEL system, including overseeing baseline data collection, analysis, reporting, and dissemination of lessons learned to Tayar stakeholders
- Lead the design and implementation of the Tayar Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan and ensure indicators, evaluation methodology and data collection systems are appropriate and practical
- Lead the development of qualitative and quantitative monitoring indicators and methods for collecting associated data
- Lead the design, contracting (as necessary) and implementation of monitoring surveys and research
- Ensure that monitoring data are collected and entered into the Activity database for all relevant Tayar-funded activities
- Contribute to baseline and end data collection and analysis reports
- Responsible for linking adaptive management learning with M&E data in a continuous feedback loop through quarterly strategy reviews and after activity reviews
- Supervise the Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Officer
- Master’s degree in social science, international development, or a relevant field
- 14 years of experience designing, monitoring, and evaluating international programs, and/or conducting applied research on local governance systems including rigorous surveys, studies, and analyses.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with USAID results frameworks, M&E plans, and program evaluation including collaboration and learning.
- Demonstrated experience designing and conducting data quality assessments and data audits
- Experience conducting knowledge management and dissemination activities on similar programs
Level of Effort, Location and Reporting:
The level of effort is 260 days per year. The employment contract will be on a yearly basis, with possible extensions until the close of the project. The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager reports to the Crosscutting Team Director. The position is based in Kathmandu, with travel to priority Tayar municipalities.
“Women and people from marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply”