- Company: DAI
- Industry: Other
- Address: Kathmandu
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Disaster Risk Management Project
Request for Applications- Human Resources Officer
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website (www.dai.com).
DAI seeks a Human Resources Officer for the USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Disaster Risk Management Project.
Applicants should apply via Formsite at this link by no later than August 31, 2019: https://fs9.formsite.com/daisuppliers/oiuh9cdwcn/index.html
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information and upload CV. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted. Positions are for Nepal Nationals only.
Detail Scope of Work:
Position: Human Resources Officer
Level of Effort: One Year Full-time, Fixed Term Contract, with possibility of extension until the close of the project
Period of Performance: on/about October 1, 2019 – September 30, 2020
Base of Operations: Kathmandu, with travel to priority Tayar municipalities
USAID/Nepal’s Tayar Nepal – Improved Disaster Risk Management Project will strengthen the capacity of Nepal’s national and municipal institutions responsible for disaster preparedness and response. In a country prone to a myriad of natural disasters, at the national level Tayar Nepal will build the capacity of disaster risk management (DRM) institutions, including the newly created National Disaster Management Agency (NDMA). Locally, Tayar will support eight urban municipalities to develop risk-sensitive land use plans and then support the prioritization and implementation of a set of technical assistance packages improve disaster resilience. In the event of a disaster over the life of the five-year project, USAID/Nepal may engage the program’s rapid emergency response mechanism. Tayar will work closely with the Government of Nepal and Nepali emergency responders to mobilize technical assistance, commodity support, small-scale infrastructure, and information management support. Tayar will apply lessons learned from disaster response efforts to improve national-level DRM systems and municipal-level risk-reduction activities.
The HR Officer will be responsible for all activities related to human resources and provide general guidance for hiring and staff management in the Kathmandu and Nepalgunj offices. This position will oversee recruitment, ensure compliance with local labor law, and hold primary responsibility for HR file maintenance. The HR Officer is responsible for the maintenance of project employee records in compliance with USAID and DAI policies and procedures. S/he will also supervise the Front Office Associate, Office Support Staff, and Drivers.
- Lead the project’s human resources department in coordination with the policies and procedures in the DAI HR Manual and local labor law
- Manage the recruitment process of project staff from start to finish, specifically negotiations, hiring, evaluation and termination of employees/consultants in consultation with the COP and senior management staff
- With the Finance team, oversee the collection of timesheets according to project deadlines
- Ensure that HR files are maintained with all necessary documentation
- Provide guidance to project staff with questions related to DAI’s HR policy and procedures, insurance coverage, and other related issues
- B.A. Degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business Administration, or similar
- 8 years of demonstrated HR and office management experience and knowledge of Nepal-specific human resource policies and laws
- Experience with USAID human resources policy and regulations is strongly preferred
- Ability to apply laws, regulations and instructions and interpret DAI and USAID policy
- Ability to perform high-level duties and maintain privacy and discretion with minimum supervision
- Fluency in English is required
Level of Effort, Location and Reporting:
The level of effort is 260 days per year. The employment contract will be on a yearly basis, with possible extensions until the close of the project. The HR Officer reports to the Finance and Administration Manager. The position is based in Kathmandu, with travel to priority Tayar municipalities.
“Women and people from marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply”