- Company: Rural Women's Development and Unity Centre (RUWDUC)
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Baneshwor, Kathmandu
- Finance & Administration
- Full Time
- 1+ years
- Graduate (Bachelors)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Call for application
The Rural Women’s Development and Unity Centre (RUWDUC)
The Rural Women’s Development and Unity Centre (RUWDUC) was established in 1995 with the objective of empowering and uplifting disadvantaged women, adolescents and children. RUWDUC believes every human being has an inherent right to a healthy life, equal opportunities to avail education, employment, quality health care, and access to justice, and to live a violence-free and peaceful life, devoid from all forms of discrimination.
Therefore, RUWDUC is seeking job applications from potential candidates for the post of Finance Officer; Kathmandu Based for the implementation of Trans Boundary Rivers of South Asia (TROSA) Project in partnership with OXFAM in Nepal for providing benefits to community and improving livelihoods of Mahakali Rivers basin communities in Dadeldhura district.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES; S/HE SHOULD BE ABLE:
- Finance Officer will be responsible for making payments in cash and bank to all vendors, suppliers, consultants.
- To keep track of all financial records, both in relation to petty cash and other regular expenses;
- To make accounting entries in the computerized package.
- To handle TAX clearance and other compliances with Government and other concerned departments;
- Reconciliation of staff advances and making necessary entries.
- To administer employee files and other files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances - review personnel records: [Staff contracts, leave reports, training, time sheet, travelling documents]
- To provide appropriate support on procurements, maintain the Assets and Inventory list and supervise the inventory of store items & ensuring regular verification;
- To prepare financial statements, financial reports, for the project in allocated time frame.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION FOR THE VACANT POSITION:
- Nepali Citizen;
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Management;
- Fluent in English & Nepali languages written and spoken;
- Having 1 year relevant experience in the field of Accounts and Office Administration;
- Familiar with windows based accounting packages;
- Familiar with busy working environment, handling with pressure of works and meet the deadlines; and
- Good in communication with people from diverse community and place.
DURATION: The probation period will be for 3 months, with the option to extend based on the satisfactory performance.
CONTRACT DATE: Immediate
Application and recent Bio-data should reach RUWDUC Office at Gahanapokhari, Handigaun, Kathmandu by 15th February, 2019 before 17.00 hours.
Email address: email@example.com or, firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further screening process.