- Company: Urban Environment Management Society (UEMS)
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Prayag Pokhari-6,
- Finance & Administration
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Urban Environment Management Society (UEMS), a non profitable nongovernmental organization working in WASH, food Security and sustainable livelihood, solid waste management, climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction and alternative energy, is looking for candidates for Beacon Project in LahanMuniciaplity of Siraha District. Urban Environment Management Society (UEMS) is implementing The Beacon Project: Municipality Wide equitable WASH Services in Lahan: A joint initiative of Anglian Water@onealliance, WaterAid, Nepal Water Supply Corporation (NWSC) and Lahan Municipality (LM) which adopts a holistic approach to to ensure that the people of Lahan municipality, including the marginalized, vulnerable communities and schools, have sustainable and equitable access to safe water, improved sanitation and hygiene contributing to their well-being, health and dignity.
POSITION TITLE: ADMIN/FINANCE OFFICER
Duration: 7 months with possible extension
Duty Station: One position based at Lahan Municipality of Siraha district
- Handle the cash and cheque payments
- Receive cash/ cheque payments and issue of receipts
- Prepare accounting vouchers and ensure the proper supporting documents
- Maintain accounting records in respective ledger books/Software
- Prepare monthly as well as yearly financial statement and submit to concern offices and persons
- Facilitate to the external auditor during auditing period
- Calculation of staff salary and remuneration taxes
- Make TDS as per prevailing tax laws etc
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Procure goods and service to the program as per financial/procurement policies of the Organizations
- Maintain personal records like; PF, annual leave, performance evaluation sheets, trainings, attendance etc.
- Assist to Project Coordinator to prepare annual plan and budget.
- Assist to Project Coordinator to prepare Financial Report.
- Assist to Technical Officer (Engineer) on finance related works/
- To ensure that all office based information systems are working efficiently, including filing system, notice boards, telephone, mail etc.
- Logistics supports for meetings and training (room, equipment, tea & snacks, supplies etc.).
- Monitor cash flow and budget utilization on weekly/By monthly /monthly basis of the assign project.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statement on monthly basis.
- Make good public relations making good coordination with donors as well as partner alliance.
Qualification and Experiences:
- Intermediate passed in Business/Commerce with at least five year relevant experience
- Or Bachelors passed in Business/Commerce with at least two years experience in
- Accounting, book keeping, financial reporting, budgeting and program support.
- Good knowledge on tax rules and policies of Nepal
- Familiar with NGO finance and accounting system
- Experience of maintaining books of accounts and performing administrative duties
- Good computer skills especially Word and Excel
- Familiar with child right and child protection issues & policy
- Good written and verbal communication skill in English and Nepali
Interested individuals are requested to visit www.uems.org.np for job application form. Suitable Nepalese candidates are requested to compulsorily submit only the completed job application form disclosing the expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the ‘position title’ in the subject line by 14th September 2018.
UEMS encourages applications from individuals belonging to marginalized sections of society. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries shall not be entertained.