Detailed Job description / requirements:
Published Date – May 23, 2023
International Development Enterprises (IDE) Nepal, is an International NGO with market-based agriculture and WASH development program in Nepal. iDE has been working in Nepal since 1992. From irrigation and good quality seeds to, more recently, rural collection centers where farmers can sell their produce, we provide simple innovations that help rural communities get out of poverty and adapt to climate change. iDE is recruiting an Irrigation Field Supervisor for its Central Office, Lalitpur immediately.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION/ REQUIREMENT
Position Title: Irrigation/Field Supervisor
Required No: 3
Duty station: Banke, Dang, Kailali
Project: CSISA Russia–Ukraine Crisis Response Activity
Hub-1: Dhangadhi (with frequent travel within Kailali and Kanchanpur districts)
Hub-2: Nepalgunj (with frequent travel within Banke and Bardiya districts)
Hub-3: Lamahi or Ghorahi (with frequent travel within Dang and Kapilvastu districts)
The overall responsibility of this position is to effectively execute various field activities to drive and deliver the outcomes of USAID funded Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia (CSISA) project’s supplement activity called Russia–Ukraine crisis response: Building food system resilience to global supply chain and climate shocks in Nepal. A Field Supervisor will be responsible for implementing the field activities in a hub with two districts. S/he will be directly reporting to the program offers of their respective hubs.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct meetings with the Argo-vets, cooperatives, and farm machinery dealers
- Implement irrigation advisory dissemination and communion channels through the Agro-vets, Cooperatives and Machinery Dealers
- Support and facilitate market assessment on various irrigation schemes and financing options for smallholders to purchase them and potentials of becoming water entrepreneurs
- Support business model development for water entrepreneurship and other irrigation related enterprise (including well drilling, repair/maintenance) including appropriate financial scheme
- Interaction with the financial institutions and other stakeholders about access to better/improved irrigation service through water entrepreneurship model at local level
- Facilitate business management and basic repair/maintenance training to the water entrepreneurs and other irrigation related enterprises.
- Capacity building and technical advice/training to the water entrepreneur businesses
- Support activities for the market linkages and promotional of water entrepreneur businesses
- Prepare a list of farmers in the project site who have access to better/ improved irrigation services through water entrepreneurs and other irrigation related enterprises.
- Support to organize various mass media campaigns and other promotional activities too.
- Report to program officers and regularly update progress in the MIS system.
- Minimum secondary level education and preference will be given for candidates from technical backgrounds.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in irrigation, agriculture mechanization, and the agriculture value chain (mainly, access to finance for farmers), direct field activities with market system development, and private sector engagement.
- Strong communicator with the ability to interact and influence diverse stakeholder groups.
- Good coaching, and mentoring skills, and a track record in rolling out training programs for business development services.
- Good computer skills with the ability to use standard software and tools in agricultural extension systems.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, success stories, and promotional materials.
- Preference will be given to the candidates from the same districts
How to Apply
Submit an updated CV and Cover Letter mentioning the expected monthly gross salary by May 29, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained.
As per the gender and workforce diversity policy of iDE, female candidates and/or candidates from disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply.
|Category||Development and Project, Agriculture / Horticulture|
|Education||Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, JTA Agriculture|
|Posted Date||23 May, 2023|
|Apply Before||29 May, 2023|