At SNV we believe that no-one should have to live in poverty. We are dedicated to a society in which all people, irrespective of race, class or gender, enjoy the freedom to pursue their own sustainable development. We focus on increasing people's incomes and employment opportunities in productive sectors like agriculture as well as on improving access to basic services such as energy, water, sanitation and hygiene. SNV supports people to access and develop the capabilities, services and opportunities needed to live a healthy, productive and fulfilling life, while sustainably using the natural resources they depend on. Unlike many other development actors, we do not offer funding, but specialize in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors. We work with governments, businesses, knowledge institutes and low-income communities so that together we can transform ideas into policy, policy into action, and action into results. Through our technical knowledge, 50+ years of experience, passionate staff, extensive local presence and global footprint, we strive to make a lasting difference in people's lives. For Further details, please visit the website: http://www.snv.org
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Looking for an internship?
Do you want to have an engaging working experience in a reputed organisation working for positive change - Start your career with SNV!
We are looking for a Learning & Events intern - to manage our learning and external events calendar. The intern manage learning events – internal and external, improve knowledge management within our organisation and support our learning themes. As our Learning and Events intern, you will play a key part in the success of improving our institutional learning.
Below are some of the outcome:
- Manage and maintain learning and external events calendar
- Review the existing knowledge management tools, system and content to identify the existing gaps
- Support the team with content development of learning that support the growth of the organisation
- Improve our learning themes
- Junior professional/ new graduate in any related field.
- Have good computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Be well-organized, proactive, open-minded, highly responsible and supportive.
- Interest and motivation in working in an international organization
- Outgoing and initiative-taking person with a goal-oriented mind-set
- Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent English language skills
If this opportunity interests you, do send in your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14th March 2021. This position is office based, in our office in Sanepa Heights and is for a period of 4-6 months. It includes a monthly stipend. This can be part-time or full time based on our discussions.