Human Resources Specialist
Detailed Job description / requirements:
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST – CONSULTANT
SCOPE OF WORK
USAID Trade and Competitiveness Activity is a five-year project to increase Nepali private sector participation in targeted global value chains by making them competitive, resilient, and sustainable. The Activity will chart a new growth path for private companies by supporting them to capitalize on global opportunities – targeting quality and high value exports (of products and services). It aims to foster sustainable growth, in selected value chains, by incentivizing actors (both private and public) through investments, innovations, employment, and a business enabling environment to expand their integration into the global market. The Activity is working to achieve the goal through the following objectives:
- To increase access to market-based financial and non-financial services.
- To increase productivity in sectors with high growth and employment potential; and
- To improve the investment climate and business enabling environment, for targeted sectors.
We are seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of the Human Resources Specialist as a consultant in Kathmandu. The consultancy will be for a period of performance of three (3) months with a level of effort for a maximum of 60 days.
The objective of this consultancy is to lead and provide support on all activities related to Human Resource, including the management of the hiring life cycle (recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding), management of benefits packages, maintenance of files/records, and implementation of training and other special projects. Also, the consultant in collaboration with senior leadership will be responsible for developing supportive plans of action for staff care as part of the overall response strategy, ensuring a comprehensive approach to support the well-being of staff and foster a positive working environment. The consultant must also ensure compliance with local labor laws, USAID, and Deloitte requirement.
The consultant will report directly to the Director of Finance, Admin, and Compliance (DFAC).
Scope of Work
The Human Resources Contractor must provide technical support to the Activity to improve Human Resources processes, manuals, tools and templates. The Contractor shall:
- Review the Local Human Resources Manual and provide recommendations for improvement based on Nepal’s Labor Law requirements. This should include processes related to employee relations, conflict resolution and staff wellbeing.
- Review benefits package and provide recommendations for improvement based on Nepal’s Labor Laws requirements and competitors’ (INGOs) packages and advise on benefit obligations as per the local laws.
- Develop Recruitment Standard Operating Procedures aligned with Nepal’s Labor Laws, USAID and Deloitte’s requirement, which should include tools and resources for onboarding and offboarding of staff.
- Review existing Performance Review process and resources and develop a Performance Review Manual and Guide for the Human Resources Unit, Supervisors and Supervisees. This should include tools, resources and training material.
The Contractor shall complete the following deliverables:
- Revised Local Human Resource Manual with tools and resources and training package.
- Benefit Package recommendation with reference to Nepal’s Labor Laws and USAID requirements
- Recruitment Standard Operating Procedures aligned with Nepal’s Labor Laws, USAID and Deloitte’s requirement, which should include tools and resources for onboarding and offboarding of staff.
- Performance Review Manual and Guide for the Human Resources Unit, Supervisors and Supervisees
- Training materials and training for deliverables 1,3 and 4 as follows:
- Local Human Resources Manual – training for Human Resources Unit and staff
- Recruitment Standard Operating Procedures – training for Human Resources Unit
- Performance Review Manual and Guide – training for Human Resources Unit, Supervisors and Supervisees
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience with a proven professional record working human resource and supporting donor-funded project, USAID experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operational Management, Business Administration, or any related field.
- Knowledge of local laws and USAID rules and regulations related to personnel management and compliance is desired but not required.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Team player, willing to take direction from project management and work with others.
- Demonstrated track record in ethics, integrity and maintaining confidentiality with sensitive data and information.
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and people skills
- Sound computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office® applications, Excel, and Word.
Location: Kathmandu, with travel to other locations of the country as required. Note that Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects, LLC will reimburse for lodging and transportation based on actuals for required field visits outside of homebase.
Please ensure resume/application DOES NOT INCLUDE personal information such as gender, age, marital status, ethnicity, religion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Those interested in applying please submit your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by COB September 24, 2023.
|Category||Administrative / Management, Human Resources|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Education||B. Com./BBS, BBA / BBM, Bachelor's in Management, Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or any relevant field.|
|Posted Date||17 Sep, 2023|
|Apply Before||24 Sep, 2023|