Group Exercise Instructor
Gold's Gym Nepal is The First International Gym Franchise in Nepal. Gold's Gym Has Become The Largest Co-Ed Gym Chain In The World With Over 700+ Clubs In 27 Countries. Today, Gold's Gym Has Expanded Its Fitness Profile To Offer All Of The Latest Equipment And Services, Including Group Exercise, Personal Training, Cardiovascular Equipment, Spinning, And Yoga, While Maintaining Its Core Weight Lifting Tradition. Gold's Gym Has Become The Preferred Gym Of Celebrities, Athletes, Bodybuilders, The Military, And Fitness Enthusiasts All Over The World. Most Importantly, Gold's Gym Continues To Change Lives By Helping People Achieve Their Individual Potential.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Group Exercise Instructor
The Group Exercise Instructor will lead and motivate members in a group environment through a pre-arranged format of exercises designed to enhance overall fitness, strength and endurance, while ensuring that the safety of the members is not compromised. The Group Exercise Instructor will also serve as a resource to educate members on various aspects of fitness.
· Leads and delivers group fitness classes based on industry standards and approved formats that begin and end promptly, and adheres to the format, standards, and times scheduled.
· Instructs participants on effective workout methods; explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises, identifies different muscle groups, and teaches appropriate methods and modifications.
· Provides verbal instructions that are clear and ensure that the volume, tempo of music and overall atmosphere is motivational and conducive to hearing, teaching, learning and having fun.
· Interacts with participants, answers questions, introduce/orient new participants, generates and maintains a positive exercise experience, and solicits feedback in order to maintain long-term participation and member retention.
· Maintains and demonstrates a positive and professional attitude towards his/her responsibilities, fellow associates, members, and guests.
· Represents and promotes Gold's Gym group exercise in a professional manner and adheres to appropriate fitness attire for demonstrating proper form, alignment and movement of the body, and refrains from attire that is revealing in an inappropriate manner.
· Consistently delivers scheduled class as posted on schedule and actively coordinate and schedule a qualified/approved substitute Group Exercise Instructor in the event of necessary absence in order to avoid any cancellations.
· Maintains cleanliness and organization of the GGX room by ensuring equipment is put away and sound system is turned off when not in use.
· Promptly notifies management of any equipment or facility repair needs.
· Prepares any incident and/or witness reports as necessary in the event of accidents.
· Attends all required staff meetings as necessary and willingness to attend training in order to maintain teaching skills or improve/expand current skill level.
· Uphold the company's vision, mission, values and code of conduct and also comply with all Gold's Gym policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Minimum of six months teaching in a group exercise environment along with demonstrated knowledge of group exercise principles and safe exercise techniques.
· Maintain nationally/internationally recognized Group fitness certification by ACE, AFAA, ACSM.
· Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies and the incorporation of choreography and safe transitional movement patterns, music, tempo, cueing technique, and rhythm.
· High degree of energy and be physically fit to have the endurance to complete the workout.
· Demonstrated knowledge of basic physiology, human anatomy, kinesiology, body mechanics, and training principles.
· Demonstrated engaging and motivational leadership with adaptability at the front of a class to effectively engage participants and achieve a great member experience.
· Ability to create and/or follow appropriate choreography combinations to be taught within the parameters of the class format.
· Positive and effective interpersonal communication skills.
· High degree of professionalism with ability to motivate others.
· Ability to operate and troubleshoot audio equipment.