The British Council has had a presence in Nepal since 1959. The British Council office in Nepal has been active in improving the teaching and learning of English, education sector projects and partnership programs, education promotion, UK examination and policy dialogue activities. British Council has also delivered range of Skills programmes in South Asia.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Grants Manager: Dakchyata- TVET Practical Partnership Project
Contract: Fixed Term Consultant| Band G | Region: South Asia | Country: Nepal | Location: Kathmandu | Department: Education and Society
The British Council is looking for a Grants Manager to lead on grant management activities for the European Union (EU) funded TVET PP project, contracted to the British Council.
The Dakchyata - TVET Practical Partnership project has the overall objective of contributing to Nepal’s inclusive and sustainable growth through investment in human capital and by creating better employment opportunities.
The specific duties comprise, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the development and management of Results Area 2 in collaboration with the Senior Programme Manager and Team Leader.
- Lead the project Grants management team, working closely alongside the Dakchyata Head of Finance and Administration, ensuring that all members adhere to the British Council grant management standards and procedures according to the grant management toolkit.
- Create a coaching and mentoring structure for the project grantees and facilitate required information sharing workshops.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with grantees to ensure effective, integrated and joined-up delivery.
- Serve as a liaison from the project team to coordinate on issues regarding grants projects.
- Monitor interventions and programs funded by grants to ensure compliance with guidelines.
- Manage all financial reporting and the payment distribution process which may include at times a transactional role.
- Support Team Leader and MEL Manager in monitoring and evaluation of grant projects.
If you are interested to apply, for further information please see the links below:
External Link: https://bit.ly/2PdR8bo
Internal Link: https://bit.ly/343zlrk
Closing date: UK time: 23:59, 10 November 2019
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. British Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its partners to share this commitment. In line with the British Council’s Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and in other countries where appropriate systems exist, these include criminal records checks.