Full Stack Developer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
POSITION: Full Stack Developer
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal
TYPE: Full-time, 1-year contract with potential to extend
EXPERIENCE: Senior, 3-4+ years relevant experience
QUALIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree
SALARY: Attractive based on the experience and qualification
Stonestep is a growing Insurtech firm with operations in Switzerland, Singapore, Myanmar, Malaysia and Nepal which provides new insurance and assistance products designed for the mass- and micro-customers via partners, including microfinance institutions, co-operatives, mobile network operators, mobile money, retailers, and others.
We are recruiting a Full Stack Developer to be based in our Kathmandu, Nepal office with frequent field visit beginning immediately. The Full Stack Developer will work with various members of the Stonestep team and provide essential support to the team with technical expertise and is responsible for designing user interactions on websites, developing servers and databases for website functionality and coding for mobile platforms. The Full Stack Developer will report directly to the Lead IT Project manager of Nepal and assist Stonestep’s other regional office on all strategic and tactical matters related to various projects.
- Developing front-end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back-end website applications.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Develop a website, web app, and any other apps from scratch based on each client's requirements
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Be a good team player.
- Capacity building of cooperatives on our software platform.
- Support IT Lead Manager to draft required training manual for cooperatives (both in Nepali and English).
- Support IT Lead Manager to procure IT equipment for partners.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 3-4+ years of proven work experience in the related field.
- At least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in related field of study.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Highly experienced with back-end programming languages such as JAVA and PHP.
- Hands on experience with relational databases (MS SQL Server) and exposure to no-SQL data stores.
- Development experience in both mobile and desktop is a plus point.
- Design overall architecture of the web application.
- Good knowledge in Vue Js / React Js will be a plus point
- Hands-on experience with PHP projects in Yii or Laravel framework.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, Microservices, webservices and technical implementations
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as GIT.
- Demonstrated ability to make design/enhancement recommendations/decisions for multiple applications/technologies, mentor on standards and coding practices and debug very complex or urgent problems
- Algorithm design and optimization
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Stonestep fosters a positive work environment with 5 working days a week where hard-working and entrepreneurial individuals can thrive. The work is rewarding but also challenging and you will be expected to be your best every day. This position provides a unique opportunity in an early-stage company to work with a team which believes in responsible social development to promote social and economic development.
OUR WORKPLACE AND CULTURE
You must be a hard-worker, responsible, detail and task oriented with a strong willingness to learn and challenge yourself. All our staff are expected to problem-solve at all levels of the organization, working independently and in groups, and take on additional tasks and responsibilities when required.
Apply InstructionsInterested candidates are requested to send their CV along with their cover letter at email@example.com not later than 28th May 2021.