Detailed Job description / requirements:
Chemonics International Inc.
Title: Finance Officer
General Summary and Background: The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Assists the Operations Manager in all aspects of the project accounting and financial management.
- Oversee the processing of accounting transactions according to the general principles of accounting and adhere to home office field accounting manual procedures
- Oversee processing of payroll each month and prepare salary receipt/payroll forms, as well as the Provident/SSF Fund withholdings and employer contributions
- Review payments to ensure that all supporting documentation and approvals are accurate
- Review copies of all receipts for all expenses
- Facilitate provision of information and documentation during audits
- Review expense reports
- Enter all accounting transactions into the accounting software (Abacus) and provide a first review of all accounting transactions.
- Review procurement transactions to ensure that all supporting documentation and approvals are accurate
- Oversee bank reconciliation process
- Ensure the maintenance of proper accounting documentation
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with VAT reporting requirements
- Liaise with income tax authority and remit employee withholdings on a monthly basis
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the home office Field Accounting & Support Team (FAST) representative
- Review all coding sheets before they are sent to the Operations Manager & Country Director for approval
- Examine monthly wire transfer requests through a thorough analysis of projected project expenditures
- Prepare monthly financial report (Monthly locals package) and submit for Operations Manager review.
- Support the Operations Manager in subcontractor management by reviewing and monitoring monthly subcontractor invoices
- Ensure all transactions are in compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager and Country Director to achieve the Project’s goals and objectives.
- A degree in accounting, business or commerce is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience; USAID experience desirable
- Certified Public Accountant accreditation preferred
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of graphs, tables, charts with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Abacus or QuickBooks is necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Professional proficiency in English and Nepali required.
Location of Assignment:
- This position is based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The Finance Officer will report to Operations Manager.
Application Instruction: Applicants are requested to send their CV and Cover letter at PSMNepalRecruitment@ghsc-psm.org, Deadline for the application is Wednesday, October 21, 2020. No telephone calls are entertained.