Finance and Administrative Associate
Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international development organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health, especially the Right to Safe Abortion. We seek to eliminate Unsafe Abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to Comprehensive Abortion Care, including contraception and related reproductive health information and care.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Ipas Nepal- Job Vacancy
Ipas works globally to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and to reduce abortion-related deaths and injuries. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment for the services. Ipas believes that no woman or girl should have to risk her life or health because she lacks safe reproductive health choices. For its new project phase beginning from July 1, 2020, Ipas Nepal is seeking to hire qualified and committed candidate for the position advertised.
Position: Finance and Administrative Associate
Type: Fixed Term for one year from July 1, 2020 till June 30, 2021
The Finance and Administrative Associate position is a core function holding diverse responsibilities in account, administrative and logistics management. S/he performs a variety of official duties, provides efficient and timely action on financial, administrative, and logistic matters such as processing of vouchers and invoices, handling front desk, ticketing, vehicle rental, inventory, warehouse, store keeping and goods dispatch.
Detailed duties and responsibilities for the position include as follows:
- Ensure that all payment to supplier are in accordance with relevant Ipas Nepal’s regulation.
- Assist in administering Ipas Nepal’s petty cash and reimbursement of staff expenses.
- Ensure that cheque books and invoices are well accounted for and are kept in safe and secure custody.
- Ensure required supporting documents of field expenses are received in regular interval.
- Assist during the internal and external audit.
- Ensure effective relationship with the stakeholders and act as a receptionist: answer the telephones in an appropriate, clear and friendly manner, takes and relays messages and forward calls, greets and directs office visitors, receive and sends correspondence.
- Arrange travel logistics for office staff, training participants and consultants including hotel reservation.
- Lead in maintenance of efficient records, storage of office inventory. Ensure supply of adequate stocks of stationeries and other supplies.
- Provide logistics support for workshops and trainings.
- Provide support to other staff; ensuring administrative information is accurate and up to date.
- Perform office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services of telephone, emails/internet, arrange for repairs of office equipment and vehicle.
- Ensure that all organizational assets are accurately recorded and accounted.
- Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support service for office.
- Take the charge of office upkeep and smooth functioning of the office utilities.
Qualification and Experiences Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, or any other relevant field of study.
- With 2 years or more experience in accounting, logistics and administrative function. Demonstrated skill in processing of invoices and vouchers, store and front desk management.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Internet, email and Accounting software preferred)
- Ability to understand and explain financial and administrative policies and procedures.
- Experience of supervising support staff.
- Experience of working in the development sector/ INGO and in challenging work environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Passion, enthusiasm, and interest in Ipas’s mission, honest and trustworthy, willing to engage and support non-financial and admin activities.
- Flexible to adapt to challenging work environment.
- Has strong written and spoken communications skills in English and Nepali language.
- For the position advertised eligible candidates are requested to visit Ipas global website to submit online application.
- Interested candidates should submit application along with up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- In the application subject mention the position you are applying for.
Please submit your online application through the link given:
Application deadline, Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
Equal Opportunity and Commitment to Diversity
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
We value all staff and strive to make employment at Ipas enjoyable and satisfying. As part of our commitment, we will not tolerate any form of discrimination towards employees, or applicants.
Qualified women candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded/marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification and Ipas Nepal reserves the rights on the final candidate selection.