Finance and Administration Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Right Here Right Now 2 (RHRN2) partnership is created so that young people in all their diversity enjoy their sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) in gender-just societies. Young people are at the forefront of our partnership. We seek to unleash the power of youth, to increase public support for SRHR, to improve policies and laws, and to strengthen civil society. RHRN2 is a 5 year project and will be implemented till 2025.
The RHRN2 Coalition in Nepal consists of 3 civil society organizations and YUWA, is country lead organization coordinating and managing grants of RHRN2.
YUWA is a not for profit, youth run, and youth led organization working to promote youth participation through empowerment and advocacy.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer- 1
Reports to: Finance and Admin Coordinator
Contract start date: August 2021
Contract Duration: 5 months with possibility of extension.
The position holds responsibilities of overall Administration, Finance, and Logistic management for smooth functioning of RHRN2 project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare vouchers; ensure filling of forms & formats, proper budget coding and generating payment vouchers, cheque writing and banking transactions.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statement and reconcile account balances.
- Timely payments to vendors, staff and settlement of advance, liabilities and receivables etc.
- Assist the team to prepare salary sheets, salary deposit, tax calculation and timely calculation and deposit of the organization and staff tax liabilities.
- Timely deposit of tax and staff retirement fund to related organization.
- Regular tracking of bank balance and ensure timely fund transfer.
- Arrange travel logistics for office staff, training participants and consultants including hotel reservation
- Ensure petty cash is managed and replenished according to established petty cash level.
- Maintain & safely keep back up data and finance related documents. Maintain proper documentation.
- Ensure that cheque books and invoices are well accounted for and are kept in safe and secure custody.
- Ensure donor compliances in project implementation.
- Ensure timely payment of Tax, ETDS and update on monthly basis
- Provide support in the process of external and statutory audits.
- Assist in procurement of project related goods and services.
- Ensure that the logistic supports are provided efficiently.
- Ensure that proper store management is being done and office assets are adequately safeguarded.
- Maintain proper inventory records of goods and equipment of RHRN2 project.
- Bachelor’s degree in management or business studies with specialization in finance
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in finance and admin of development sector
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Internet, email)
- Ability to understand and explain financial and administrative policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge and experience of accounting software (Preferred FAMAS)
To apply: To apply submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5 pm 28th July 2021 clearly mentioning the subject line “Application for Finance and Admin Officer”.
Qualified female candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded/marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Further telephone enquiries will not be entertained.