Finance and Admin Officer (FO)
Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO Nepal) is one of Nepal’s leading psychosocial organization. It was established in 2005 with the aim of promoting psychosocial well-being and mental health of children and families in conflict affected and other vulnerable communities. TPO Nepal is a knowledge-driven, innovative organization working in areas disrupted by violence and poverty. We strive to develop local psychosocial, mental health and conflict resolution capacity and systems that promote community resilience, quality of life and self-reliance through education, research, service delivery and advocacy.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO) Nepal is one of Nepal’s leading psychosocial organizations. It was established in 2005 with the aim of promoting psychosocial well-being and mental health of people in conflict affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally-appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems.
REducing Stigma among HealthcAre ProvidErs (RESHAPE) is a 5-years research project funded through National Institute of Health (NIH) research grant that aims to reduce mental health stigma among primary healthcare workers and improve quality of care through active involvement of mental health service users and caregivers. The project is being implemented by TPO Nepal in partnership with George Washington University.
TPO Nepal seeks competent, committed and result oriented candidates for the following positions:
Title:Finance and Admin Officer (FO)
Duty Station: TPO Nepal, Regional Office Kaski, Pokhara
Duration: Until August 2021 with possibilities of extension
Number of opening: 1 (One)
Start Date: At the earliest
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field from a recognized university.
- At least three years of experience working in financial management, administration and logistic support with INGO/NGO administrative management will be preferable.
- Good financial management, staff supervision & administrative skills.
- Motivated and hardworking.
- Ability to operate accounting software (Tally/Famas).
- Ability to analyse financial data, prepare financial reports, statements & projections.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent English - speaking and writing skills.
- Good Nepali typing skills.
- Working experience with independent project handling will be given high priority.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Perform financial duties under the guidance and supervision of the Finance and Admin Manager, Project lead and implementation coordinator.
- Coordinate and manage the administration, HR and general service operations in the project.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports on project expenses and share them with project lead and finance manager.
- Maintain store and prepares analytical expenditure reports on activities.
- Ensure adherence to the administrative and logistic procedures and compliance with rules and regulations and provide administrative and logistic advisory services to project staff.
Interested, qualified and motivated candidates meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply along with cover letter, updated resume (CV) and expected salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop the documents to Administration Department no later than 5:00 p.m, 15th December, 2019. Interested candidates are required to mention the post applied for clearly in the application.
No telephone enquiries please. Only short listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview to TPO Nepal Office.