Finance and Admin Officer (Based in Project Field Office of Baglung)
FAIRMED is a Swiss development organization dedicated to work with its motto “Health for the Poorest”. The organization plays an important role in providing health care access to the marginalized communities and individuals who are prone to diseases, disability, and poverty. The core focus/theme of FAIRMED's work in Nepal is Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) and Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH), while it interweaves GESI and Disability Inclusive Development (DID) as cross cutting themes into its programs to strengthen the health system and increase the uptake of public health services. FAIRMED has completed implementing the two phases of Rural Health Improvement Project (RHIP) from 2018 until the end of 2021 in six Municipalities of Baglung, Gandaki Province. FAIRMED would now like to expand its work coverage and scale up its learnings and good practices from the current six working municipalities of the project to the remaining municipalities of Baglung and the adjoining district of Rukum East where the geographical and social situation are similar. The project applies the approach of “leaving no one behind” and plans to strengthen integrated health service and improve health service utilization in the targeted Municipalities.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Finance and Admin Officer will support the project’s activity transactions, maintain accounting, ensure the correct and timely recording and reporting of all financial transactions by the project team at FAIRMED and Partner NGOs. The person is also responsible to ensure the compliance of all transactions, procurement, and logistics management to support the project team in their smooth running of program activities.
Required qualifications and experience
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Business Studies/Business Administration majoring in Accounting/Auditing
- At least 4-5 years of experience in finance management and handling of admin functions.
- Skills to analyze expenditure and compliance.
- Skills of expenditure tracking and preparing good financial reports.
- Prior experience in development projects will be advantageous.
- Committed to rights based and gender sensitive work and with strong finance and admin skills.
- Commitment to basic workplace values and policies.
- Able, willing, and committed to work with people of different backgrounds.
- Have high regards towards accountability.
- Having a two-wheeler driving license will be an asset.
Application Submission: Interested Nepalese candidates are requested to fill up the google form in the link below:
Deadline for Application Submission: February 8, 2022 before 5:00 PM
Females, local candidates from Baglung,candidates from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained.